7 - Secretly Poison

- Sora PoV -

"You can leave now," I tell Jungwon as we're walking side-by-side to the apartment.

I may have accidently smiled, possibly laughed, in front of him. I don't want him to see any side of me, and I don't want to see any side of him. This is the process of NOT falling in love.

Once you get vulnerable, it's too late. You're sucked into this deep hole of despair. I was already in it, and now, I'm trying my hardest to crawl out. 

The moment I try to forget about Jungwon, he walks in with his stupid smirk, caring for me when I told him not to. This is why you can't trust friendly guys, they're dangerous.

The best way to get rid of them, is to hurt them at their weak spot.

For Jungwon, we've already found it.

He loves to be loved, so we'll just have to do the opposite.

"We live next to each other," Jungwon points out.

Hell, he's right.

"Go another way," I insist coldly.

He lets out a laugh. A laugh?! Does it seem like I'm joking??

"Ayy~ You were just in a good mood," he softly nudges me.

I look at him as if he's crazy and nudge him back (harshly), "I don't know what made you come up with that, but whenever I'm with you, I'm far from a good mood!"

I rush over to the elevator button and press it for it to not work. Of course, at a time like this, the elevator would betray me.

I hate it here.

"Welp! I guess we gotta take the stairs," Jungwon says the obvious. He just makes me want to smack him!

I huff looking at the staircase. My worst enemy. We meet again. Curse this raggedy old building!

"Last one up has to buy the other strawberry milk!" Jungwon bets excitedly as he basically runs up the first flight of stairs within one second.

Meanwhile, I only took my first step. I can't overdo myself especially after my doctor visit.

Jungwon's smile slightly fades when he sees me take a step at a time, "Is your leg hurt?"

I groan, "Why do you keep asking me about my stupid leg?!"

He goes down a few steps, "It must hurt if you're going up the stairs like this."

I take another step and sigh, "I've always been like this."

He looks at me confused. Of course I don't go around telling everyone that I'm sick. I've never once actually told anyone.

Halmeoni and Sunoo are the only ones who know, but I'm sure they couldn't care less about it (considering that halmeoni didn't choose to live on the first floor proves that).

I've always delt with my sickness alone, so I figured why ever share it? People already take pity on me, do I really want more of that?

"Don't just stand there and stare at me," I tell him as I finally reach him. I look at him, "I would rather you be gone right now."

I pass him slowly, taking one step at a time. But to my surprise, Jungwon stays next to me, taking the exact same steps as me.

First right... then left, repeat on the next step.

"Is there something I should know?" he softly questions.

I scoff, "You? It's not your concern at all."