Chapter 47

“I think my lifespan has been shortened.”

I glanced at the imperial palace in the distance and murmured, then glanced at Lily’s eyes. Then, I quietly added my words to the image of Lily sitting opposite me, whose eyes were wide open, gazing at me.

“…About 200 to 100 years old.”

“Don’t say that, even as a joke. Every time the Young Lady says something like that, I get surprised.”

…I feel like every time you stare at me with those big eyes, Lily, there is a hole in my face.

Eventually, I let out a shallow sigh, swallowing something she could not say to her. I am really just an extra, so why do I keep getting involved in the original novel content—

Why…!

My hand, which was about to move toward my head in frustration, stopped again in the air at Lily’s gaze. When I slowly lowered my hand, twitching my fingers, she let out a sigh and opened her mouth.

“Young Lady.”

“Yes.”

“Before you pull your hair out, just know that I spent an hour this morning decorating your hair.”

“… I’ll try.”

“Yes, please do your best. For as long as the two are away, you’re the face of our County of Blaise.”

As I watched Lily clasping my hand while saying that, I thought it was almost a request of a seven-year-old kid. I pouted my lips in frustration and turned my head to the touch of something tapping my arm.

Noya, who was going to the Imperial Palace in a carriage with me, was standing as if clinging to my arms.

“Noah? Why? Do you want me to hug you?”

When I held Noya, who was nodding his head quickly into my arms, Lily, who was peering at me quietly, tilted her head and asked.

“Oh, come to think of it, today is going to be a goodbye to Noya.”

“Huh?”

“Didn’t the Young Lady say Noya’s only under temporary protection with you? Aren’t you in charge of him for a while before entrusting him to His Majesty the Emperor?”

At Lily’s words, I gazed at Noya for a moment.

In fact, to be precise, Noah was going to be sent to Irene through the Emperor because he was still a child. After all, he is a young child who still needs help from an adult.

However, I did not know how to help him or how to raise him safely. First of all, I am not a believer in divine power, and I do not even have much faith in it.