CHAPTER 32

Seeing him opening the tea leaf canister and smelling the scent, I literally went crazy and jumped. Even now, Cain just smiled playfully while I was expressing my anxiety.

I uttered, puffing up my cheeks.

“Why are you laughing?”

“Are you that anxious?”

“Of course! Although he pretends not to be a bad guy—no, even though he says he doesn’t know, his face says he’s a bad guy…!”

“The survival kit?”

“…Yes?”

“It’ll finally be time for the kit to show its ability.”

“Oh, no! This isn’t something to defeat a villain, it’s just my psychological safety valorization…”

An uneasy feeling ran through my head while I continued to speak out of absurdity.

…Ah. No way, I do not think so…

“I’m just asking just in case, but Your Highness doesn’t believe in this backpack, do you…?”

In response to the careful question, he shrugged his shoulders with a calm face. The uneasy feeling foreboding on my face became a reality. No, they say he is a smart guy? That he was a schemer? Why does he believe a joke so straightforwardly…!

My throat was parched as though burning. At the same time, the fragrant smell of flowers emanated from the teacup in front of me.

…Was it like flower tea? I have drank quite a few kinds of tea while living as Adelia, though I was curious about a scent I had never smelled before. Thinking that, I reached out for the teacup.

However, Cain’s hand stopped me as if to restrain me.

“I think you’d better not drink the tea.”

“…I’m thirsty.”

“Wouldn’t it be better than being blind?”

My mouth, which had been pouting, understood what he was saying later, and it grew larger and rounder. Shutting my mouth in surprise, I leaned close to him and asked.

“You also thought something was strange, didn’t you?”

“….”

“Aren’t these tea leaves lying in Lord Winder’s room a while ago as well? So, did this tea cause his eyes to look like that?”

​​

“It’s like a poisonous weed called Ritul. If you overdose, you’ll lose your sight.”