Chapter 43

The victory that had passed to Jo Malone earlier passed over to our side again.

The Knights, which were managed by the Emperor after the war five years ago and brought up by Cain himself, boasted an overwhelming ability as much as their reputation. Seeing the knights knocking down the enemy with a single sword, the soldiers threw down their weapons while losing their spirit.

“Get up! Can’t you all just get up and fight?!”

Even though Jo Malone’s cornered voice echoed through the large basement, they all raised their hands and surrendered.

Huff, huff—

As he was breathing heavily, one or two shadows gathered in anger next to Jo Malone. Noticing the shadows surrounding him belatedly, he shuddered and retreated.

“Don’t, don’t come…! Don’t come, you lowly bunch!”

“In the meantime, we’re going to have some fun as well, Baron.”

“You, you ungrateful things—!”

“That’s what we’re supposed to say! You don’t even know the grace you’ve been given by Lord Winder!”

It seemed that Jo Malone’s brazen attitude seemed to provoke the shapeshifters on the contrary. They rushed to him, it did not matter who came first.

“Euuak…! Let go of me!”

Jo Malone’s goatee beard was scattered in the air. Meanwhile, the knights glanced at Cain as if embarrassed by the appearance of the angry shapeshifters.

“I don’t see anything. Are you telling me that you all see something?”

“We don’t see anything as well.”

“Then, there is no problem.”

At Cain’s connivance and the knights moving outside, Jo Malone’s screams continued endlessly.

゚· : * ✧ * :· ゚

“I wish you’d told me in advance.”

Cain’s gaze, who had been gazing out the carriage window, returned to me. I spoke quickly to him as he had a face as though asking what I was talking about.

“You said that even if the sky splits into two pieces*,  the Imperial Knights wouldn’t be called.”

[ T/N: It’s an idiom which means, ‘No matter what happens.’]

“Young Lady’s story of thinking about it first made it quite plausible.”