Chapter 42

“When, when you said that you were a bad guy a while ago, I didn’t mean that Your Highness was really a bad person. There is such a thing as notoriety, so let’s take advantage of it if possible…!”

“The Young Lady seems to be slow-witted.”

“Yes? No, I’m really good at reading things!”

“….”

“I wonder if my instincts for survival were stronger than others, so my eyesight naturally increased?”

“Then, I guess you have no conscience.”

…No, this guy?

I wrinkled my face as I watched Cain throw the blame belatedly in my face. His eyes, which stared at me like that for a moment, changed in an instant. Feeling stabbed for some reason, I hurriedly waved my hands and replied.

“Oh, I didn’t. I didn’t even curse to myself…!”

“You look like you are having fun, Your Highness.”

…Your Highness?

When I blinked at the familiar voice coming from behind him, Cain turned around with a cold face. Turning around in his arms, I saw Jo Malone standing with the armed men, and I quickly grabbed Cain’s arm.

“Even after the meal was ready, you didn’t come back, so I came to pick you up. However, I never dreamed that you’d be here.”

“You must’ve prepared it well, I apologize.”

“….”

“But, it’s still depressing to lose my eyes.”

Jo Malone, who had a hardened face for a moment at his playful words, smiled and pulled out the sword he was wearing around his waist.

Still, Cain smiled at him even though he was pointing the sword towards us and asked, “Would you mind telling me how I should interpret this, Baron Jo Malone?”

“Let’s interpret it as you see it.”

“….”

“Your Highness, you must die here.”

…Was, was there a scene like this?

Thinking that, I gulped as I glanced at Jo Malone’s sword, which seemed as if it would fly towards Cain at any moment.

There was not…

No matter how much I searched my memory, there was no such scene. No… How could it exist in the first place? After all, it was only a one-page introduction in the original story—!

At the same time, in the complicated situation, a screaming voice resounded nonstop inside.

Cain hugged me, who had turned into a puppy, and answered with a relaxed face.