CHAPTER 34

At that moment, the bottle that had been rolling on the table with a rumbling sound fell to the floor and shattered. A shard of glass with a picture of a dog on the floor awakened my dazed mind once again.

This situation was really happening.

Struggling to get out of the chair I was sitting on, I climbed up onto the table.

Even though my short legs dug through the bag to find the antidote, the fluffy feet were of no help other than being cute. On the contrary, the glass bottle in the bag collided with the dangerously touching feet and claws, making a loud noise.

Fearing that the sound would break the bottle, I became timid in fists, or even kicking.

After wrestling with a bottle that I could not pick up for the longest time, I screamed in frustration when I saw Cain gazing at me with his arms folded.

“Don’t just watch, help me! We had to find an antidote!”

Even though I thought I was stomping my feet in an anxious mood as I turned into a puppy, for some reason, my body turned round and round. As soon as I realized that I was spinning, biting my tail, shame rushed through my body.

“…This is truly ridiculous.”

I was obviously a dog…

I am a dog, no matter how you look at it.

No, even what I was doing now was a dog’s behavior. Instead of stomping my feet, my body rotated round and round. Whenever I moved, my paws hit the floor and made a — Tud, tud, tud — sound.

So cute, definitely too cute!

…But, I did not want it to be me!

As I sat down at the table and lowered my head in a rush of shame, Cain reached out his large hand towards me. His hand stroking my pricked ears felt quite familiar.

The feeling of languor crept into my hand as he gently touched my ear. Without realizing it, I shut my eyes and enjoyed my tiredness, then woke up belatedly.

…I was a dog who enjoyed the owner’s touch—

—A dog’s behavior without the slightest doubt…!

Contrary to the dizzying mind, my body continued to loosen up. Staring at my tail waving softly, Cain opened his mouth with a smirk.

“You seem to like it quite a bit.”

“This, this is…!”

My face flushed red as he spoke as if teasing me.

Suddenly, a faint sound could be heard through my ears, which were twitching in a mixture of shame and embarrassment. My forehead narrowed as I jumped up from the table I had been sitting on and pricked my ears.