ThunderStorm's regret

Mysterion slouched in the cart, tending to his wounds and talking to the Freedom Pals on the phone like a teenage girl painting her nails. While he explained the situation to the Freedom Pals, ThunderStorm noticed The Raccoon walking into an alley. Seeing that Mysterion was busy on the phone, ThunderStorm decides to investigate the situation himself. He gets up and makes his way towards the alley. Part of him did want to wait for Mysterion but who knows how long he would be on that phone, as well as if he would have enough strength to take on The Raccoon. Although feeling anxious about the idea, ThunderStorm assured himself he was only going to follow that pesky raccoon, nothing more. Soon Mysterion was left alone in the cart and ThunderStorm was venturing into the dark alley.

He walks deeper and deeper into the alley, making sure to not make a single sound. He slowly scanned the area, nothing special about it, just a dark alley. There were some rats and trash but nothing too special, and sadly none of the rats were The Raccoon. ThunderStorm felt a sense of regret in his decision as he walked. It was probably better to just wait for Mysterion. I mean ThunderStorm has only been a hero for almost a year, he barely has a grip on his powers. He shakes his head, he's not a child, he should be fine without Mysterion for 10 minutes. He soon picked up his pace. He just wanted to make it through this alley at this point. Luckily he reaches a dead end, but no sign of The Raccoon anywhere.

"Well it looks like I was too late..." He sighs, annoyed that he just wasted his time for no good reason. He prepares to leave, until a sharp snap echoed behind him. He flinches and quickly turns to the noise, he sees Douchebag. It appeared that they had stepped on a piece of scrap metal. In their hands was a baseball bat, based on their stance it looks like they were getting ready to take a swing at something.

ThunderStorm starts to back up, "Oh geez Douchebag what are you-" Before he knew it he had bumped into something solid, but soft.

"Well look what we got here!" He freezes, electricity bouncing off of him. He had bumped into the villain Mysterion was telling the Freedom Pals about.

"Now don't be scared pal!" The Raccoon gives a devilish smirk, "I'm sure Mysterion wouldn't just leave you out all alone... right?" The Raccoon places a hand on ThunderStorm's shoulder.

ThunderStorm scoffs and smacks his hand off of his shoulder, "Right, what's all this?" He looked towards Douchebag, they stood there holding onto the bat, but now closer than before. ThunderStorm knew he had to make an escape soon, but he needed a window of opportunity first. He turned around and looked down to The Raccoon, "Need advice on that God awful outfit? Ditch the pants, it's been through enough." Thunderstorm crossed his arms, trying to remain confident. Despite his body language, his powers deceived him, electricity bouncing off of him anxiously. The Raccoon continues to smirk, scanning ThunderStorm silently. "I gave you a tip, now beat it, Mysterion is probably lookin for me." 

The Raccoon just clicks his tongue, "I'm not sure why you're so scared of me ThunderStorm! I mean aren't you a capable hero? Or do you need Mama Mysterion to watch over you?" ThunderStorm glares, his nervous energy soon becoming more controlled

The Raccoon just clicks his tongue, "I'm not sure why you're so scared of me ThunderStorm! I mean aren't you a capable hero? Or do you need Mama Mysterion to watch over you?" ThunderStorm glares, his nervous energy soon becoming more controlled. "I know how to take care of myself, clearly you're the one that needs backup." Thunderstorm nods his head towards Douchebag behind him.

"Wow what a low blow there ThunderStorm! And I thought we could be friends!" The Raccoon places his hand over his head for dramatic effect, giving him a deep sigh. "Oh well!" He threw his arms up. He began to chuckle and Thunderstorm looked at him in confusion. Slowly his chuckles turned into a laughing fit, "Well see you in a few!" Thunderstorm raises his eyebrow, but then remembers the situation he's in, he quickly turns around and is greeted with Douchebag taking a swing at him with his bat. ThunderStorm ducks in time, panting, electricity dancing off of him erratically. The Raccoon starts to yell at Douchebag, all coming out as utter nonsense to the frightened hero.

ThunderStorm took no time in regaining his balance and taking off. He nearly missed this window of escape and cursed himself for not taking off sooner, especially when The Raccoon was having his laughing fit. He ran using as much of his adrenaline as he could. Despite the adrenaline rush the alley was long and had many twists and turns. He was straining himself trying to get out of there, completely out of breath as he forced himself to run. He wanted to scream out for Mysterion but the electricity flowing erratically through him restricted him. He continued to push himself, he felt like collapsing, but soon he started to see the light at the end of the alleyway. He started to smile, laughing with relief. His laugh was cut short by a sharp pain planting at the back of his head.

"Hell yeah Douchebag!" The Raccoon exclaims as ThunderStorm collapses, losing consciousness. 

Ref: