5.9 | psxo

PSXO

❝the games begins againcheckmate❝-the boyz checkmate

the games begins again
checkmate
-the boyz checkmate

"are you ready for tomorrow?" hyunjae asked to the girl beside him

she threw the rock into the pond, it skipping a few times

"of course. you'll never see me nervous for a mission" she spoke, a grin on her face.

it was currently night time and the two were at the park where no one else was at because it was so late at night

"hey seungah" the boy called for her. she hmmed, looking at the pond instead, "when do you plan on retiring?"

"retiring?" she scoffed, "i've only been doing this for about a year. i spent 2 to 3 years training the girls. i don't plan on retiring any time soon. why?"

"just wondering when we could start a family" he cheekily grinned at her

she smacked the back of his head out of impulse, not knowing how to deal with her feeling nervous, "d-don't say stuff like that!"

"did i just make the great yoon seungah stutter. wow never thought i'd see the day" he chuckled, "it's cute"

"w-well..stop being so cute" she mumbled, hiding her face into her hands.

he laughed before grabbing her hands from her face and making her look at him, "can i ask you something else?" she nodded, "did you ever like juyeon?"

seungah was silent for a second before bursting out into a fit of laughter, "me..like juyeon..? god don't make me cry tears of blood. never. juyeon was always just a team member as well as part of the family. it was always you hyunjae. from the moment we almost threw each other over the balcony. my feelings have never once changed"

"would you have killed me?"

"which time? when i almost threw you off the balcony? or when you betrayed me?" she asked and he just rolled his eyes, "i would've killed you"

"yah!"

"what?! you betrayed me so of course i had to do what would be necessary for revenge. though i will admit, it would've be hard to try and kill the one i love"

"for an undead creature that is supposed to feel no love, you sure feel a lot of love"

"only for you" she smiled as she placed her hands on his cheeks and brought his lips against her own.

despite living such intense lives, they had each other along with their teams.

that's all they needed

the next day

the group of 18 staggered into the house, covered in fresh blood, dry blood and soaked in water at 3 in the morning.

they all slowly entered the living room, not bothering to speak one word to each other.

the room was dark as everyone either sat on the floor, on the couches or some opted to just stand up

they stared in the empty room and the only thing they could hear was miyeon's and juyeon's racing heart beats and the pouring rain outside of the house, the raindrops hitting the window constantly.

seungah moved forward on the couch, grabbing the remote off of the table and turning on the tv that suddenly lit the room. everyone eyes' moved to the tv in front of them.

seungah slouched back into the couch, changing the channel to the news.

"giant massacre at seoul leaving almost 300 dead and over 500 injured. everyone was either slashed multiple times with sharp weapons or shot to death or simply suffocated. it is said to be believed the notorious serial killers and thieves, the phantom scythe along with the new group that has come in only a few months ago, 'oneiric'. the only known evidence was the ivory chess piece left in multiple of the victim's mouth along with the words 'PSXO' carved into people's skin. along with that there was one flower left in the middle of multiple dead bodies which has yet to be identified. whoever these people are, watch out, you never know if you could be next"

slowly, as more footage showed up of the scene and the more they talked about it...

everyone began to smile.