Chapter 16: Witch of Massacre (6)

Start from the beginning

What was left after the fire was burnt ash.

Mino had watched everything from start to finish.

That was when she knew. Jaehwan had given the bihorn corpse not because he was a fool. He had lent his Spirit Weapon not because he was a fool. The reason he didn’t run even when he was cornered by all these Adapters wasn’t because he was a fool.

He was just plainly too strong.

Klant, who barely managed to hide behind the trees, mumbled,

“…Where did such man appear from?”

He did get a report that a fool came with a ‘Spirit Weapon’ while he was on the way to the [Witch Hunt]. But it wasn’t a fool; it was a monster. After blocking the Fire King’s Fourteen Strike, he dismantled the skill and returned it with a more powerful attack. One simple attack eradicated half his team.

Defending the middle-level skill was possible for 3rd stage Adapter, but dismantling it and sending it back was unheard of. Klant couldn’t even guess how strong the man was.

Kanghun stuttered as he saw Klant looking at him.

“Th-this can’t be true!”

“Retreat!”

Kanghun gritted his teeth.

“I have the Spirit Weapon! I probably can defeat him with this weapon!”

Klant glanced at the black sword that Kanghun claimed to be a Spirit Weapon and shook his head.

“No. He’s too powerful.”

“That’s not true!”

Kanghun then charged toward Jaehwan. Jaehwan was approaching through the fire and Kanghun used his best skill to attack. The weapon was powerful enough to kill a bihorn with a stab. With this weapon, he would surely-

His attack was dodged easily. There was only the sound of his weapon swishing through the empty space. Kanghun felt his energy fading until Jaewhan effortlessly grabbed the blade.

How?!

Kanghun could not understand. After all, he had done during the past, after graduating from the Tower, walked through the <Great Lands> and came to <Chaos>, trained on his skills and gained status… he had endured so much.

Kanghun remembered Jaehwan’s Spirit Power.

[Spirit Power: 154]

Most 1st stage Adapters had an average of 1000 so it was nothing.

“How did you manage with such stats…”

Jaehwan’s eyes narrowed.

It had been a while since he heard of it. There was a time when he worked hard to increase his stats and level up. Those were in his Tower days. He had worked so hard to gain stats and gather better items. Jaehwan understood Kanghun, and that’s why he could speak to him.

“That’s why you’re weak.”

“…What?”

Jaehwan walked up to him. As he got closer, Kanghun stepped back out of fear. He could not understand the depth within Jaehwan’s eyes. It was not something to be understood by numbers or stats. When Kanghun came back to his senses, he was kneeling down. Jaehwan reached out and took the sword from Kanghun and pointed the sword at the fleeing members of Red Fox.

Stab. But it was much more serious. It was if he were demonstrating what was it like to use the skill.

Kanghun shivered as he knew what about what was going to happen.