Chapter 9.

Erin

After my little victory run at the shaved ice stand, I decided to head over to the local flower shop. It was a cute little shop that was decorated with all types of flowers sitting outside. I took interest in a bunch of Bermuda buttercups for Wendy when I received a light tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see a woman smiling at me, "hi, can I help you find anything?"

"Oh no, but would you mind making a bouquet out of these for me?" I gestured over to the flowers and she nodded her head while leading me inside the shop. It wasn't busy at all so we were completely alone. The woman looked down at a sleepy Henry while she rang me up, "he's absolutely adorable, how old is he?"

"Fourteen months," I smiled down at Henry proudly, "you have any?" The woman got all excited and placed a hand on her stomach, "expecting."

"Oh, you're husband must be so happy."

"He is, he's also gotten a bit overprotective since we got the news. Sometimes I think he would pack me up with his lunch just so that he can keep an eye on me all day." I laughed along with her as we talked over nonsensical things, she was probably the only person in Charming that seemed genuinely nice.

Our conversation, however, was interrupted when we heard the bells at the door jingle from a customer stepping inside. I recognized Sherriff Roosevelt immediately, but he had his eyes set on the woman and greeted her with a kiss. When they finally broke apart Roosevelt acknowledged me, "sorry Mrs. Jackson, I just came by to check on the Mrs."

"This is your wife?"

"Yes, this is my wife Rita, Rita this is Erin Jackson."

Rita's eyebrows shot up as if she was piecing together information in her mind, "so, you're the famous FBI agent. I haven't stopped hearing about you since my husband met you at the park. What brings you to a town like this?"

"Mostly here for my boy, so technically family business."

"Tellers," Roosevelt whispered to his wife who gave a knowing expression. "I'm sorry," Rita said causing me to laugh, "can't say I've heard positive things."

"Ah, they haven't been so bad, just an adjustment for everyone."

"Well, I hope the best for you and your son," Rita said smiling as she handed me the bouquet of flowers. I was about a foot out the door before Roosevelt stopped me. He pulled me to the side and I instantly could tell that by the look on his face that there was trouble. I took a deep breath before asking a question I knew I'd regret, "something you'd like to share?"

"Do you think you could come by the station today?"

"Sherriff" I groaned

"It'd just be for a second, I'm knee-deep with this Potter guy and I just need to know where this is going."

"Potter? Like Lincoln Potter? Nick Stackhouse? Gabe Marcel? That guy?"

"Yeah, I guess so," Roosevelt was obviously confused by Potter's many aliases. "Look Roosevelt, you seem like you're trying to be a good cop. Bring justice to the people and all, but the thing about Potter is that he is always out of the loop. I'd keep your hands clean of whatever he's got going on." I attempted to go about my day but then Roosevelt stopped me again.

"Look, just come take a look and make your final decision. I think it will be in your benefit." Roosevelt was practically pleading with me and I eventually agreed hoping it would get him out of my hair.

He offered to drive me to the station himself but I insisted on just meeting him at the station. That, however, didn't stop him from driving on my tail the whole ride there. It was obvious that he was making sure that I was keeping my word, but I honestly couldn't care less about the whole thing.