𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

{𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎.𝟏}
HOME

   "Home is where the past haunts

"Home is where the past haunts.."
- 𝐤.𝐫

☀︎

THE RADIO BLASTED as Veronica's black Honda drove down the California highway. It was a quiet March night, the sun had gone down and the stars were out.

Veronica had signed from behind the wheel. She was heading back to her hometown and she was happy to be coming home. Shejust wished under different circumstances. She got a call from younger Allison.  Telling her mom was dead. Allison sober  over the phone, she told her she needed to come home. So that's what she was doing,coming home.

I didn't really know how to feel about my mothers death, we were never close, she was cold and distant. I knew she loved me and Alli. She just didn't know how to show us. or at least what me and Allie liked to tell ourselves. we're closer to our dad always have been. He was the opposite of our mom. He was super overprotective, but he taught us how to handle ourselves. We grew up around lots of weapons and learned how to use every last one of them.

Allison loved the bow, but there was something about guns and daggers that always got me.

Roni had been driving for 12 hours all the way from Arizona. She went to ASU, left home right after her  senior year. She has been out of school for 3 years now.

She had finally driven past the Beacon Hills sign. She drove past Beacon Hills High, it brought back memories. Her high school days. Veronica was your typical rebel teenager. She turned the corner to where her house was on and pulled up in the driveway. The house looked the same. She got out of the car with beau. Beau was her German shepherd; she got him a couple of months ago.

I grabbed my bags from the trunk.while Beau ran to the porch. I walked towards the porch as the door flung open; it was my dad with his assault rifle in hand ready to fire. Once he saw it was me he put it down and grabbed me into a big embrace.

"Alli your sister's home!" He shouted up the stairs. He continued to hug me, he didn't want to let go. Beau ran inside as my dad grabbed all my bags.

Allison sprung from the staircase tackling me. She pulled me into a never ending hug. She hugged me just as tightly as our father had done previously. I hugged her back just as tighty. I've missed you so much. She said into the ongoing embrace. I heard her sniffles, I could tell she had been crying.
I've missed you more. I said pulling away, pushing the hair out of her face. I wiped the tears that were falling on my face then wiped hers. My dad grabbed us both into one big embrace. While Beau ran around our feet.

Allison dragged me upstairs to her bedroom and sat me down. When I got a full look at her, I didn't see that same kid sister I saw a young beautiful woman in her place. "So how's Araziona?" She asked.