Chapter 50: Fate's Gambit

Start from the beginning

Zatanna's head dropped as she realized what Circe was saying was the truth. The tiny voice in her head that was screaming at her, yelling at her to hold onto hope was drowned out by the clanging sound of the knight's armour as they resumed dragging her to another part of the castle.

————————————————————————

Outside the castle walls, Artemis and (Y/n) are perched in a large tree, looking down on a medieval army camp full of Circe's soldiers.

Artemis: "Since when did we stumble into a medieval reenactment?"

(Y/n): "Fate mentioned something about Circe having an army, this must be it."

Artemis: "They don't look that tough, in fact, they almost look like zombies. They never take off their helmets or any part of their armour, and it looks like their eyes are glowing green."

(Y/n): "They might not look like much, but this is magic we're dealing with. Nothing is ever what it seems."

Artemis: "Fair enough. What's our move?"

(Y/n): "Use your grappling hook arrow and we'll scale the castle walls. We'll sneak in through a window on the upper levels and work down through the castle until we find Zee."

Artemis: "What's our exit plan?"

(Y/n): "Hope that Zee has enough energy to fly us all out."

Artemis: "She's being tortured. She probably won't be able to stand when we find her."

(Y/n): "Then we blow everything up and run like hell."

Artemis: "Great, let's get climbing."

————————————————————————

*Tower of Fate*

In the heart of the tower Dr. Fate stepped forward, placing his hand on the golden bell in the center of the tower.

A second later the bell started to glow and opened a portal. Moments later Wonder Girl, Mary, Traci and Blue Beetle emerged through the portal.

The young heroes were extremely confused with what they were doing in the tower, having been ripped away from their various homes or the Watchtower moments ago.

Wonder Girl: "Dr. Fate?! What's going on?"

???: "I was wondering the same thing."

Every but Fate turned to face a young man who appeared to be of middle eastern descent.

Khalid: "Hi, Khalid Nassour

Khalid: "Hi, Khalid Nassour. I was trained by my uncle, Kent Nelson."

Dr. Fate: "I have gathered everything we need to stop Circe. Students of-"

Wonder Girl: "CIRCE?!"

Dr. Fate: "So, Wonder Woman has told you the story."

Wonder Girl: "Yes she has. Are we about to do what I think we are?"