Encounter

It was April 2017 and our new semester started in a blink of an eye. I was quite shy and rarely talked to other students still somehow I succeeded in making two best friends, Ava and Paris.

We were assembled in the assembly ground where students lined up for the prayer. I gazed at one of a new student in a trice, coming towards our class and me running to her asking her name. She gave a slight smile and replied, "Raelynn". Her voice was so soft that it made me want to hear her more but I guess the time didn't wanted it to happen. The assembly ended, we went to our class and took seats which were arranged alphabetically and to be expected, I parted with my buddies. Raelynn? Well she found herself a friend and sat with her but after few days they parted too and Raelynn sat in front of me. But then I didn't talked to her much because as you know... I was a shy one.
Months passed and one of my friends Ava asked to join Raelynn for lunch and since then there's a +1 in my friend list.

A year passed...
I decided to play basketball and went to different schools for the competition. We didn't won any awards for straight 2 years but I think it's alright. Sometimes we think it's not enough but trust me, it really is and so we played, and lastly we won 1st prize. Sadly that was my last match and in the midst of these 2 years I found a boyfriend, his name was Samuel. We talked once in a day and sometimes that not too. Everything was going at it's pace, he cared for me, made me cry but later apologized not giving it a thought whether it was his fault or mine, he even made me smile... but there was a void which he never filled and I couldn't figure that out on my own too. I asked my friends and they suggested me a way.

The same year our school organised fete. It's an event where kids find fun in  swings, toys and food along with some music whichever they want. So I decided to invite Samuel and my friends home as soon as fete ended. Ava didn't join 'cause she had plans... so Raelynn and Paris joined us.
We were at my home which was at the 4th floor. I took snacks out and were all comfy, it was fun talking to each other and sharing our embarrassing moments. The time flew by and they were ready to head home. I went downstairs to bid them goodbye and then went back to my home. As I saw Samuel accompanying them midway to their home, I felt something in my chest like it was being clenched so tightly that it might lose blood. But to my astonishment... it's wasn't Samuel!