Chapter 8 - This Is Wrong

Underville
20th April 1964

3rd person POV
Azure

Azure kept on his way to Encre's house, which was and always will be the safest to him, he didn't know why or how just that said house had an enormous sense of security. Although he always thought it was weird how the magic flow (or what he felt like waves of power, as he could not see them) was suddenly cut off, leaving his bones relieved from the pressure the world's infinite magic had on them.

As he strolled to Encre's house he noticed some irregularities but decided not to meddle in it just yet, deciding that, in case Encre was back at his house - he would, as he promised to himself let loose and beat Encre half to death if that is even possible -, he would first arrive in his artistic friend house and just then think about it.

As he was walking down the street he wondered why Encre had disappeared so suddenly and how he would whack Encre's skull and hope he get some sense in there.

His mind wandered to the thought of his first meeting with Encre, Azure knows he, himself, is young, only about 180 years old, but his artist friend got that look that speaks for itself.

The look of those who have seen enough for a lifetime and Encre probably has seen even more than that his mind supplies.

Before he could dwell on what is the implication of that, he noticed how tired his bones started to feel.

It felt wrong, he shouldn't feel his bones aching right now, his house is probably the closest inhabited one, but he was getting nowhere near the forest or Encre's house who is bordering it.

He didn't even have that intense of a workout the other day. "What is happening?" Azure couldn't help but ask.

"I'm a guard for Asgard's sake, keep yourself together, and remember your training, there must be something I can do as of right now." He thought, however, nothing came to his mind.

"Ok, what would Encre do?" He asked to who? We may never know maybe himself, maybe those waves of energy that he felt, not even he knows just who he's asking that to, and maybe he shouldn't have asked.

"Encre?" Something, someone somehow whispered.

"En?cre?" Another quiet whisper provide.

"encreENCREENCRE" A canopy of distorted, disembodied voices asked to the world.

And Azure, there to spectate, stood astonished, scared, perplexed. He couldn't deal with what is occurring and so he did what a "normal" skeleton like himself would if that happened to them.

Raised his hand, felt the energy converge, and did an all-around attack - which seems to have calmed the whisper down - plus a protective box around himself. Deciding that he should calm himself down and assert the situation before continuing to find his way to Encre's house.

_______________________________________

Author Notes:

Sorry, it's a small chapter, but hope you liked the chapter.

Happy Halloween 👻 🎃

Just saying this chapter may suffer some changes in the future, haven't proofread it yet.

Any images used do NOT belong to me, the credits go to the respective owners

Total word count: 535 words