Chapter 5 - A pleasure to meet you

Forbidden forest
17th April 1664

3rd person POV
Encre

As Encre turned to the shadow that was following them for some solid 30 minutes, he quickly came to a halt "You can come out now? "

Those words pierced through the persecutor "So you knew I was here?" He said, looking to the side while searching for something "I even made sure to hide my magic."

The 'shadow' was finally showing his whole body.

He was a skeleton with clothes similar to those of a butler, a white shirt with a Windsor cut, a waistcoat above it, and a bow tie, the only thing that drove his looks away from those of a typical butler was a beret he wore covering one of his eyes, the left one precisely.

(Found this image in the undertale amino app, please imagine the beret's covering his eye)

The newfound skeleton took a step forward before being forced to stay still. Encre was not letting this butler get closer than he already was, for his, and the vampire child safety that is, not in a million years would he let a child of any kind suffer while under his care and thus he needed to quickly figure out who this skeleton was and how much of a treat they were.

'He doesn't act rashly that's for sure, but who exactly is this skeleton, awake during the night at a forest known for being full to the brim with vampires? ' Encre truly shouldn't judge the 'butler' if he was committing the exact same deed that the one in front of him was. He, himself was not a good example of how people acted in the presence of the, oh so-called blood-sucking monsters.

'Perhaps he serves a noble family who doesn't belong to the kingdom since I haven't met this person in the king's gathering. He's also most likely not from the village.' The artist concluded.

"So who do you work for? " Encre started "You seem to be very talented and you following me doesn't seem to be a mere incident."

"That's information that I cannot leak." the man replied.

"So a stranger started following... me, just because" Before the other could continue whatever he was going to talk about Encre made a statement that leads to almost spilling the whole vampire's existence to the man in front of him, for all he knew he could be a vampire hunter in his free time, that if this person had the freedom to do as pleased even as a butler.

"Are you sure you didn't mean us?" The assumed to be butler asked.

Keeping his poker face, Encre proceeded to retort his question "No. Not at all." He scoffs under his breath he was too quick to answer. One look at the butler's face made him shiver in a cold sweat, he knew it, Encre wasn't 100% sure, but all his instincts said so, that this man knew that he wasn't alone at the very least, probably not the vampire part, but you could never be so sure.