Chapter 4 - Back at Home

Underville
17th April 1664

3rd person POV
Azure

Azure was going to Encre's house when he noticed a small paper presumably left by him.

He picked the note and read it.

'𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙴𝚗𝚌𝚛𝚎?' He thought but quickly shrugged it as he knew that Encre could take care of himself by himself.

'𝚈𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝙸 𝚝𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚊𝚓𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚢 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚖, 𝚖𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎 𝚑𝚎 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚜 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜?' He remembered, however, the note left by Encre said he wouldn't be back for a while nothing told him how long he was going to be away.

Azure started to get uneasy, he couldn't do much about the situation and so decided to wait for him for a day or two.

~Time Skip~

While patrolling the city's frontier with the forest, Azure noticed some guys, most likely, hunters, talking about something. He couldn't quite hear their words to each other as he was far away from them but as he managed to get closer he heard the words vampire and artist, in a crystal clear way, gaining his attention.

He got even closer as to hear them completely and hide on the side of a house nearby, making a loose position as to not alarm any people around the place.

"We were so close." One of them sort of yelled, "Yeah no shit, you weren't the one who had to talk to the artist freak!"

His blood was boiling at this statement '𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚢'𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚊𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝙴𝚗𝚌𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗.' He looked up as he let the rage he felt slowly dissipate, getting him to turn back to normal all this while he was hearing a humming tone, although low almost as a whisper every sound that got to his ear was soothing.

'𝚆𝚑𝚘'𝚜 𝚑𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐? 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜?', he was confused nonetheless, '𝙽𝚘 𝚒𝚝 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖' he thought, the hunters were still shouting at each other it wasn't possible to be coming from them '𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚟𝚘𝚒𝚌𝚎... 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎. It 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚖𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗. 𝚆𝚑𝚘'𝚜 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐?'

He snapped out of his thoughts when the argument those guys were having got worse '𝚁𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜.' Azure kept hearing them shout at each other when he realized that he should get back to work. After all, the only thing he got from their talk was that Encre had a broken arm.

'𝙱𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗, 𝚑𝚞𝚑? 𝙰𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚛𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔? 𝙽𝚘, 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚢 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎.'

Azure kept walking while all those thoughts flooded his mind.

At some point of the day, he felt tempted to ask the king for some information, the king's relationship with Encre, although far from the best, had just enough "respect" for him to tell the king when and where he was leaving to.