Chandler: Where do we go?

Lincoln: You can see that this entire area is surrounded by a forest with giant trees, right?

Chandler nods, of course he noticed.

Lincoln: The inhabitants of this world know this forest under the name "Forest of Demonic Beasts".

Chandler: Forest of Demonic Beasts?

Lincoln: Strong beasts dwell throughout the forest. That's why we build something like a wall. I just wanted to show you if you notice something is wrong that you can do something.

Chandler: Wait you want me to fight something called Demonic Beast?

Lincoln: Don't worry Chandler, you'll grow just as strong as me. Also, this has only happened once before, and that was when we were just starting the Wall.

Chandler: Are you sure that one day I'll be as strong as you?

Lincoln: Yep.

The two finally arrive at the Forest of Demonic Beasts. Only now does Chandler notice what Lincoln means when he say, they built something like a wall. The wall consists of nets hung between the trees. Each tree has a platform at the top with a small hut on it, the platforms are connected with suspension bridges.

(Just a quick drawing)

Chandler looks up in surprise as they hear something approaching

Chandler looks up in surprise as they hear something approaching. Chandler seems alarmed, but Lincoln is perfectly calm. A few moments later a man lands in front of them. He has red hair and cat ears, his skin is tanned and he has a friendly smile on his face.

???: Hello sir! What are you doing here?

Lincoln gives the man a friendly smile.

Lincoln: Hey Leo, how are you?

Leo: I'm good sir!

Leo looks at Chandler with a raised eyebrow.

Leo: Who are you?

Chandler: I'm Chandler nice to meet you.

Lincoln: Chandler is a friend of mine. He also has a grimoire.

Leo's eyes widen when he hears that.

Leo: You are also a Magus?!

Noir flies alongside Chandler.

Noir: That he is, my name is Grimoire Noir. Remember him!

Leo: Yes sir!

Chandler takes a closer look at the contraption on Leo.

Chandler: Leo, what is that on you?

Leo pulls off the device and shows it to Chandler.

Leo: This is an Omni-directional mobility gear. In short ODM gear. The dwarves developed it for us so that we can better protect the village. This allows us to maneuver easily between the trees.

Chandler: That is cool.

Leo smiles as he puts the ODM Gear back on. The three talk for a while. Chandler learns that each platform is equipped with two guards. Actually it's always pretty quiet, it's almost like the monsters respect Lincoln territory as long as he respects their territory. But the village prefers to play it safe. After a while, the two go back to the village. Just as they enter the village, a woman comes out of a shop and smiles when she sees them both.

Woman: White Magus, your order is ready!

Lincoln: Nice!

Chandler just raises an eyebrow in confusion.

Chandler: Order?

Lincoln: Yes, you know, she's a tailor and a pretty good one. She has this talent to always tailor the right thing for someone, she just sees what suits you. I had new clothes made for us.

Chandler: New clothes? Great, finally real adventure clothing!

Woman: Come in you two!

The two go in and accept their packages. They go into the dressing room and come out in their new outfits.

Lincoln: Not bad. How is yours Chandler?

Chandler: Are you kidding me

Chandler: Are you kidding me. This is awesome!

Woman: Hahaha, another win for me!

To be continued.