Chapter 20: Elijah

Cyrus had mixed feelings about Elijah.

From the memories of the man, who came before Cyrus, the Original could recall how the so called "noble brother" had been his favorite Mikaelson. The man who became Cyrus first encountered the Vampire Diaries franchise through The Originals sequel show and thus Elijah was the first Original he saw on-screen. Then, he had downloaded the second season of the show (because God forbid if he would watch a TV show in the order the episodes were aired) and first watched (predictably) the episode Elijah had made his debut. Then he had watched the rest of the season. First the following episodes and then the preceding ones. And then he had watched the third and fourth seasons. And only afterward the first season.

God, was I born to be weird in both of my lives?!

Regardless, there used to be rose-colored glasses on his eyes which prevented him from seeing the man's chief flaw. His singular obsession with fitting Klaus inside the "Always and Forever" theme had blinded him to the needs of everyone else - his other siblings and himself. He was so focused on Klaus that he forgot everything else most of the time and, whenever he took a break from babysitting the immature bastard, the latter would do something horrible, make him feel guilty (intentionally or otherwise) and then the cycle repeats.

But hey, I digress.

The Strix had been keeping track of Elijah and Klaus for me, a task simple enough for the Sisters to do, and this had led me to Toronto, where Elijah was apparently living.

"I must admit your visit surprises me." Elijah exclaimed after taking a sip from the coffee he had just been served. "I thought you no longer considered us family. It has been....what....a century and a half?"

"More or less."

"And what is it you seek now? Or have you become aware of the fact that the family you rejected has been reduced to three?"

Four actually, but that will be a surprise for later.

"Yes, I am well aware that Klaus has daggered them and told you he tossed them in the ocean. I also know that is a lie."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean what I said I mean. They are cloaked somewhere, daggered and waiting to be awaken. But to find them, we need to find Klaus. And to do that, I believe we should unite."

Elijah pondered over my words and sighed.

"Easier said than done. He went underground decades ago. We would need to draw him out and I have no idea how."

"You are right, we will need a bait." I pretended to wonder. "Say, will a living, human doppelganger work?"

The look on Elijah's face was downright comical. Even if it lasted for less than a second.

"How?"

"Long story that involves abandoned babies and extramarital affairs. But there is one. A girl in Mystic Falls, bearing my Katerina's face. Amusing, isn't it?"

"You intend to use the girl as bait?" I hummed in response. "Then what?"

"Then, Klaus breaks his curse and we live happily ever after." Elijah raised an eyebrow. "Or we kill him during his first transition, which we will be able to."

"What is it you truly want, Cyrus?"

"I beg your pardon? Is it that strange that I desire for our family to be reunited?"

"Given how you stated that you loath all of us, I believe that I have every reason to believe in your insincerity, no?"

"I can assure you brother. I have every reason to want every member of our family to rise up from their coffins. I give you my word on that."

Just like the rest of his family, Cyrus did not give his word lightly and Elijah knew it. Taking the risk, he decided.

"Very well. We have a deal. I will aid you in your plan."

"Splendid."

Now that Elijah is onboard, all Cyrus required was the cooperation of the Mystic Falls Gang. He had discarded the idea of killing Elena completely by this point and his witches had already created a Resurrection Serum for Elena. I already have an idea from where to get a werewolf and the idea of vampire Logan Fell falling in the Sacrifice was too good to ignore. Everything was falling into place.

Now I just have to convince a bunch of teenagers to sacrifice their lives for my agenda. Peace of cake...