Chapter 14: The Long Lost Sister

Being in New Orleans so relatively soon after his rather glamorous exit was a bit of a pain, but I had to. This was my one chance to meet Freya and get her before the events of Dahlia's hunt for baby Hope. Not that its happening was a given, or even Hope's birth come to that. Still, I really wanted for Hope to be born in this timeline as well. I had to increase the number of likeable Mikaelsons after all and I've always liked her character. Though, hopefully, this time she won't have that wretched martyr complex.

And all that mixed in with my passive desire to find a White Oak Stake and shove it in Klaus' heart.

Oh, the complex life I lead...

Back to the present though, for the life of me, I couldn't remember much from Freya's plot here. I knew that she was to be Kol's date and she had wanted to meet that band of circus rejects I call family, but anything before or after that is hazy at best. How had she come to reside in the Dowager Fauline's Cottage? Or had she just visited to find Rebekah?

Urgh. Bloody canon details.

One of the perks of vampiric eidetic memory was that you could recall anything that ever passed through your head, but don't really remember that part at all.

No matter. I will just lurk about until I find her. New Orleans had rebuilt the French Quarter rather nicely after I was through with it. A 'summer fire', they had called my work. Well, it was summer and there was plenty of fire, so I suppose they had the right of it. Even if they missed me in the newspapers. 'Angry guy burns his brother's town in revenge'. What a title!

The most important thing was that the Mikaelson family still inhabited the French Quarter so apparently I hadn't made too many butterfly effects here. Which was all well and good, actually. One of the perks of having canon knowledge is that you know the future and I didn't want to change things outside the things I wanted to change.

Yep, my life is definitely simple.

And yet, I just had a rather convenient stroke of luck. Walking down the street, all on her own (obvi. her date was daggered), was the one and only Freya Mikaelson.

"Hello Freya." I greeted. Yeah, absolutely non-threatening to somehow know someone's name like that.

"Who are you?" She asked warily.

"Your own flesh and blood. My name is Cyrus Mikaelson. It is good to finally meet you big sister."

What followed was a tearful semi-reunion. Is it accurate to call it reunion given I've never met her before? I invited her to the house I was renting for my stay in the city, having arrived a day earlier.

"I never expected that any of you would still remember me to be honest." She said as she wiped a tear out of her eye. "But why alone? Why aren't you with the rest of our siblings?"

"We are not on speaking terms right now. Or for the coming century or so." I replied. "I was daggered by Klaus for four centuries after I prevented him from sacrificing the love of my life to break that stupid curse mother placed on him."

A look that could be identified as a 'what the fuck' look and Freya responded. "It seems our family is more complicate than I assumed. Then again, I saw him just today as Klaus used these daggers."

"How long until you have to go to sleep?" Before Freya could respond, I continued. "I know about your condition. I know what our aunt Dahlia did to you. I will work on fixing it, but it would take time."

"No. Dahlia is my cross to bear, not yours. Siding with me against her would only put a target on your back."

"Sister, I am a man with resources. I will help you get rid of the nightmare that has been haunting you for nine centuries."

"I...thank you." She responded, with some tears in her eyes and God that woman needed hugs. "She has made my life miserable. I only managed to escape her four centuries ago and have been wondering the world ever since. To slay her we need to forge a weapon, but I have none of the ingredients at hand but one. We need the blood of the person she came the closest to loving, the soil of her homeland and Viking ash, that of her oppressors."

"Wrong!" I stopped her. "Why do you assume that you are the person she loved the most? Would it not be more appropriate for that person to have been mother dearest. After all, they loved one another until Esther chose to elope with Mikael."

"I....I had not considered the possibility." I could see the slight embarrassment in her eyes, but honestly I couldn't blame her. Along with the entire Mikaelson clan, Dahlia too needed psychotherapy. Hard to get into her head.

"As to the others" I continued. "I already have the soil and will eventually acquire the ashes. We will have plenty of time for that in the next century. Or more."

"But mother is dead?" she questioned. "How would you acquire her blood?"

"Her coffin is in our brother's possession." I said and hoped I was right on that one. I still had no idea how or when Klaus was to acquire that in canon, but hopefully he had it now. "Let me figure it out. Until then, I ask that you let me keep your body safe from her. As powerful as Dahlia may be, she has but an year of activity each century. We can easily avoid her attentions until then. I head a global society of vampires with connections everywhere. I will keep you safe. I promise you this."

This was my new favorite sister, damnit. Dahlia would be ashes one day. I realized I might have to let mother raise herself from the grave when the time came to acquire her blood, but I had other plans as well. I wouldn't allow her to mess with me.

"I should have to slumber within three days."

"Well, in that case, lets enjoy ourselves. Let's catch up. I will tell you of my adventures. I must admit, I am quite interesting."

And the next three days were spent chatting about our lives and me and Freya bonding with each other. I finally found my favorite Mikaelson sister and I would do my best to rid her of Dahlia's curse.