Epilogue

Convincing the wretched teenagers to do as I say proved harder than I thought.

Honestly, you would think I was asking them to do something horrible. I mean, all I require of them is to act appropriately terrified of my brother, offer no resistance as he sacrifices Elena, some unlucky vampire and an unlucky werewolf. That's it. But no, they make it something to argue about.

Nonetheless, after I had sufficiently explained myself to them and had gotten Abby to tell them the story of my heroic murder of my father as well as rescue of baby Elena, they had started paying attention.

Since, I was not feeling in the mood to discover whether or not this world would grant plot armor to the Mystic Falls Gang, I decided to make it so that everybody live. At least everybody decent.

So, I explained to the lot how I was going to save Elena's life, via the elixir. Its work reminded me of Rowena from Supernatural. You drink it, die within 24 hours and the spell in it channels the energy released at the point of your death to heal your body and preserve your soul inside. The process takes a few hours to complete.

The vampire I would use was one Logan Fell, because the guy was still a dick in this world. And besides, I do need someone. Same reason I picked that Brady guy from Mason's pack. Or rather, had my Strix kidnap him and bring him here, all chained up and drugged as shit. Thank God that I no longer had much compassion in me for people I didn't know, because all this is obviously not nice.

It was necessary though. I had no desire to let Klaus pick his sacrifices, because that son of a bitch loved drama. Knowing him, he would pick Caroline and Tylor just for kicks. Or, worse, Katherine. That said, I had all my contingencies in place and only then did I contact Klaus to get him to come here. Fortunately, the guy did not need much more than the idea of Elena to get to Mystic Falls. He had tried and failed to break the curse without the doppelganger for decades on end.

After Klaus came to town, it had taken some effort in convincing him that I was on his side in this, but Elijah had managed to convince him with our now shared knowledge of our other siblings still being in his possession. The deal was simple - he gives them back and we help him break the curse. It had taken a lot of cajoling in order to assuage the paranoid bastard, but it was a success. We made him promise to give us the coffins and reawaken our siblings in exchange for helping him break the curse and sire hybrids. I had, once again, told him how he would need the doppelganger alive to do the latter and he had begrudgingly agreed to let him have a shot, after an appropriate threat had been given.

It all went well enough, all things considered. Elena, Brady and Logan Fell were sacrificed. Elena came back. Klaus became a hybrid, extra fangs and all. The satisfaction of telling him 'I told you so!' when he succeeded in turning Tyler Lockwood into a hybrid was just incredible.

Surprisingly enough, he kept his word and woke the Mikaelson clan after I revealed to him that Mikael was dead. Even showed him his ashes. After a family spat, by which I mean that we had a rough fist-to-fist fight, where it wasn't quite certain who was fighting who, we made peace. Sort of. With no more threats to the family, the diplomat in me managed to convince Klaus to give democracy a change when it came to family issues.

That and I may have used said fight's distraction in order to steal the daggers and have them destroyed by the Dark Sisters. Klaus even made a deal with Elena. In exchange for a regular supply of doppelganger blood, she would receive generous monthly donations into her bank account. And because, thankfully, this was not a TV show, where the protagonists can't make reasonable deals with the antagonists, she agreed.

As a bonus for good behavior, I introduced Damon to Rose and reintroduced Stefan to Rebekah. That is two new relationships I unleashed onto this unsuspecting world, but they worked out surprisingly.