PK Pandemonia Arc: Chapter 88 - Prison Raid

Comincia dall'inizio

Barely a minute into my swerving among the crowd, the chaos started.

No, it was more like it exploded right off the bat, as soon as that word rang through the street.

"We've been breached! The KoB's here!"

It took just that holler from that random guy to send everyone around me rushing in shock. Shouts and screams flew across the street, as they pulled out their weapons, despite the sheer confusion sweeping through them.

This.....was exactly what I wanted. A cover for me to blend into while on my way to the Gladiorium. An almost perfect way to sneak into the real enemy territory.

A message icon popped into my vision, almost stopping me from moving, but I decided to ignore it until I reached the end of the street. Being in the midst of players scrambling desperately to prepare for battle wasn't a great time to check on messages anyways.

Touching down on the open space surrounding the Gladiorium, I touched the message icon as I continued to run to the arena's entrance. The message window opened and as it shook a little violently due to my running, the message from its sender, Misuko, only consisted of a single sentence:

"We're in."

It was all I needed to see. The guys from Horizon's Edge must have followed the KoB through the city's entrance. The invasion was a success.

As soon as I set my eyes in front of me again, I was already in a dilemma. I was about to crash into a player I'd recognised as one of those Council members.

Pulling out my spear instinctively, I charged at him without warning. There was never any time to waste during these circumstances. I had to silence him quick.

The Council member reacted as fast as me, pulling out his sword to make its blade meet mine.

For some reason, seeing the sparks fly again got me excited. My battle senses were tingling with joy.

My opponent seemed to be caught up in my surprise attack, pulling back his sword to land another strike at me. In a bid to answer to that, I rotated my spear like a windmill, bringing the backward-facing blade of my spear forward in an under-handed swinging trajectory.

I was trying to attempt a parry, as my spear's apparently blue-coloured blade met the downward-swinging sword from above.

CHING.......!!!

It was as if the spear had bounced the sword's blade off. The Council member, clearly not expecting the surprising amount of force that my spear had against his weapon, flinched.

It was the worst timing for him to flinch, and the perfect timing for me to have my turn for a strike at him.

The blades of my spear glowed a dark blue ( I don't know how that kind of glow works, but it works), and initiated a full-on and direct assault of the 8-hit Double-bladed Spear skill, Storm Vector, onto my unfortunate opponent.

The first 4 hits saw the spear blade running through the Council member's body, each hit a little faster than the previous one as it felt easier and easier to pull out and stab the blade into my target.

Pulling out the blade for the fourth time, I swung around, allowing the blade on the other end of my spear to have its turn at the target, this time with the blade swinging a deep cut across the chest. Normally that action would have taken around a second, but that felt like half of it.

Or maybe, it really was half a second. 3 more swings followed just as fast, completing Storm Vector of its entirety.

It was my first time seeing a high-level skill from the Double-bladed Spear skill tree directly hitting a target. I had just unlocked it, fully aware of its perk of granting a speed buff to the user for every clean hit the skill makes.