Chapter 21

Twenty minutes later they both finally were able to wrap their brains around what happened. They had spent more time kissing, and the remaining time blushing until their faces most likely looked like tomatoes, or other red things. They currently sat on Milly's couch, and despite the closeness of before, were on opposite ends. Milly was focusing intently on the dust and dirt on the carpet beneath her, yet she couldn't help but glance over at Elliot ever so often, who never stopped twiddling his thumbs.

"So," Elliot asked and then he blushed some more. "Do you want to go on a date sometime?"

Milly also felt herself blush. "Okay, um yeah sure!"

"Where would you like to go?"

"We could have a picnic?" She suggested. "Or maybe go to this coffee shop in town, they have really good pastries."

Elliot nodded. "Maybe we can do both!" he exclaimed.

Milly nodded, enthusiastic as well.

They sat in silence for a few seconds more before Elliot asked: "So, what is our relationship now?"

"Ummmmm," Milly had to think about it for a second. She didn't know what they were as of right now, but she did know what she wanted them to be.

"Would you like to be my boyfriend?"

Elliot's eyes widened and suddenly Milly felt very very nervous. Sure they had already kissed, and he had confessed to her, but this was the cherry on top. This was what would confirm all of her thoughts and feelings. And while it was his choice, Milly really really hoped that he said yes.

"Of course!" Elliot agreed with only a little hesitation. "I would love to be your boyfriend Milly."

She had always seen those videos, where the person would call their partner by their first name instead of a pet name, and the person would be sad. She understood those videos a bit, but at this point in time it just felt really really good having Elliot say her name.

"And I would love to be your girlfriend."

Elliot looked at Milly, and this time she could see what he was thinking. They both nodded and they kissed once more.

It felt like flying sparks and happy days. And it was a feeling Milly just wanted to continue, forever and ever.