Chapter 8

At 3 o'clock Milly stood outside Elliot's house. It was a small cottage painted white with blue bell colored shutters and a bright yellow door. There were many shrubs, bushes, and flowers in the front of the house, but Milly could tell that they were not the garden Elliot wanted her to see.

Milly rang the doorbell and a petite woman opened the door. She had violet purple hair, eyes the same cocoa brown as Elliots, and pale skin.

"How can I help you?" she asked softly.

"I'm a friend of Elliot's," Milly said, suddenly nervous.

The woman smiled, "Of course, he told me he was inviting a friend over. Come on in."

The inside of the house was just as cute as the outside. The pair had walked into a living room with a cream colored sofa, a light brown coffee table and cinnamon colored hardwood floor. Pictures of different types of flowers hung on the walls. Elliot came down the stairs that led up into the second story.

"Milly! You made it!" he said brightly with a smile on his face.

"Yeah," Milly said, feeling her face getting red.

"Follow me!" Elliot exclaimed and mentioned Milly to follow him.

The two of them walked out of the house and into the backyard. The grass was the brightest shade of green Milly had ever seen. Flower beds ringed the yard and circled a fountain in the center. The flower beds had daffodils, sunflowers, and other flowers that Milly had never seen before. Vines hung off of a pergola and flower pots lined the concrete on which it stood.

"Wow," Milly exclaimed.

Elliot beamed, "I knew you'd like it!"

Milly smiled.

The sky grew darker with clouds, so Milly and Elliot went inside.

After a few hours of talking Elliot's mother called them for dinner. She prepared these things called 'perogies' which turned out to be almost like a European dumpling stuffed with potatoes and cheese. Elliot's mother also prepared some spinach, which was picked from their garden, and put some sour cream on the table to go along with it. "You eat that together?" Milly had asked incredulously. Elliot's mother smiled and nodded. No matter how weird it sounded, it was probably one of the best dinners Milly had eaten in her whole entire life, well it was, that was before the power went out.