Chapter Two: Help Us

Start from the beginning

Then the nightmarish things stopped halfway into leaning. The figures began to seep blood from the rips on their skin, dripping down their charred remains.

"Help us." The man heard child voices from the figures, "Please."

He tried his best to avoid their horrific stare by turning his head to one side, but they kept repeating.

Help us... Help us... Help us.

The chanting stopped, the man looked back and the five animatronics slowly moved aside to reveal a sixth one behind them. The darkness concealed its full form; the man could only make out a shape of a tall figure.

Then the alarm blared, illuminating the room in red and fully revealing his worst nightmare: rabbit ears, glowing evil eyes, menacing grin and rusting limbs that were mostly darkened by the ashes. Blood dripped from inside the figure as if it was fresh. It was twitching, every joint of its body jolted and every jolt spouted blood. It was just standing a few feet away from where the man was sitting.

"It's me." The sixth animatronic spoke in a bone-chilling sinister voice, taking a step closer to him and leaning forwards showing its entire terrifying form. The man was now a few inches away from the face of the rotting animatronic.

He couldn't move, as if he was tied down on his chair, unable to scream, unable to look away and unable to stop the inevitable. Springtrap leaned in closer, he was looking into those white glowing eyes that had terrorized him ever since.

The rabbit began twitching violently; it slowly opened its mouth at him, dripping large amounts of thick dark blood from it.

"PLEASE!" He couldn't even close his eyes. Then it lunged at him, opening its jaw.

"NO!" The man struggled as a pair of hands held his shoulder and tightened its grip. He tried shaking it off but it was no use, "LET GO OF ME!"

"Wake up!" A female voice yelled. His eyes shot open and all he saw was white walls with a window to his left giving him a view of the dark skies. Small droplets of rain fell against the glass along with a flash of lightning.

He was inside a small room and to his relief, it wasn't the office anymore. He was lying on a soft bed and facing up the ceiling. He looked at his clothes and noticed that he was wearing an all white hospital gown. To his right was a long metal pole that had an IV bag up top connected to a long rubber tube attached to his arm.

On his left wrist was a blue thin plastic tag that bore his full name:

Frederich Nicholas Fisher
Cawthon Medical Hospital

At the far end of his room was the nurse, dressed in her all-white uniform clutching a clipboard. She had her brunette hair tied and fixed into her small nurse hat, most likely in her late twenties.

"Are you alright, Mr. Fisher?" The nurse moved next to his bed.

He rose up from his bed and sat up, feeling his body sore, "I'm fine, I just had a horrible nightmare." The horrible images of the animatronics returned to his head.

"You were screaming for a couple of minutes." She said, "—I had to rush to your aid."

"It's nothing, thank you." He forced a weak smile, trying to brush it off, "Wha-what happened?"

The nurse handed him a small mirror so he could look at his face. A pair of brown eyes stared back at him, face bruised and wounded with dried blood on the cuts, he looked worse than he could imagine.

He lifted up the bed sheet that was draped over him, his left leg was in a cast and so was his right arm. There were burns on his other leg and the skin was darkened.

"You're kinda shaken by what happened a few days ago." The nurse said, "You were lucky that you survived that fire."

"What caused the fire?" He asked, pretending to know nothing.

"Police said it was faulty wiring that caused it, probably because the place was old." She recalled. "—and they found you lying near the exit."

Then he remembered that he was near the door when he was attacked. That image of a dead man inside the costume haunted him, he hoped that everything was reduced to nothing but ashes.

"Mr. Fisher? Is something wrong again?" The nurse asked, "You look pale."

He was pulled back from his trance, "Uh, it's nothing and please, call me Nick." He smirked.

"Alright, Nick. You should get some shuteye." The nurse smiled.

"I will." He waved goodbye.

The nurse walked out the door after turning off the lights. Everything in his room was engulfed in darkness, only the light outside dimly lit the place. Nick lay back on his bed and stared up, relieved that the ordeal is over and that everything is back to normal.

Beside him was a roll of newspaper and on its front page was an image of a Freddy Fazbear toy. He picked it up and read the article:

IT BURNS!

Fazbear's Fright
burns to the ground!

A new local attraction based
on an ancient pizzeria
burned down overnight.

Authorities have not yet ruled
out foul play, but at the
moment is seems to have been
caused by faulty wiring.

Very little was found at the
scene. The few items that
were salvaged will be sold
at public auctions.

He sighed in relief, the job is done. A smile formed across his face.

Then a thunderclap occurred along with a flash of lightning. In that split second of light, Nick saw the picture of the article clearly and it made him jump.

In the background of the small Freddy toy picture was a heavily burned and mangled face of Springtrap, smiling into the camera with its glowing eyes. He trembled.

It's impossible.

He threw away the newspaper and stared outside the window, trying to shake off the possibility of the monster surviving. He looked down at the wet empty road down below: it was poorly lit by the lamps outside as he could only see their reflections on the cars.

Everything fell silent as he could only hear the dripping of his dextrose and the clock ticking. He glanced at the clock to check the time:

12:00AM

Those horrible nights came back to his mind, he was haunted by them. Nick's heart rate monitor started beating fast. His eyes returned to the road outside as another thunderclap illuminated the ground below and it made his heart leap to his throat.

Standing outside was the dreaded thing that he feared the most, twitching as it stared back at him with its evil eyes. The mangled skin, rusting endoskeleton and a terrifying grin.

It's alive. It followed him.