Preperations

The first thing he did after being released from the hospital was naturally go to his apartment to get his money and do some shopping and maybe eat with whoever he knows while leaving two clones to clean and fix the apartment, maybe even paint it and draw something on the walls, maybe a whirlpool or water-related? Something reminiscent of Uzushio and the Uzumaki.

He should probably start thinking of himself as a female in his head so that by the time he revealed himself as a 'she' it won't be awkward.
He's also familiar with girls' etiquette from the many times he infiltrated as a girl. So that's that.

Naruto thinks it's better to change her name to Narumi since it's pretty and girly and she wants that (to be pretty and girly) now that he's a girl.

Since neither Kakashi, who's on a 3 months mission nor Sakura, who's training with Anko, will bother her till after the next chunin exams, she's in peace.

Not only that, but her classmates are busy training after the last humiliating mission's failure.

Naru isn't in the mood to put on a show, thank goodness!

For now, she only needs to act unassuming for her dear ANBU. and then get Kurama's other half and go take her well-deserved 8 hours of sleep and maybe start training the next day! Simple right!!

All her plans are simple and adjustable!

The annoying part would be convincing Tsunade to let her participate in the exams alone...

___________

Mission Kurama was successful!
Proceeded precisely as intended without a snag, which is uninteresting! but perhaps it's better in that manner?

She got lucky encountering two got for nothing trying to rape a civilian woman. Such nice sacrifices!

On another note, should she be grateful for not having her period yet? Can she perhaps make a seal for the pain or one for controlling the timing? Maybe one for not having one at all? Yeah, the last one seems most convenient.

She's not ready yet for that part of being a girl.

She did set a clone with that objective to work on while she has to do Gai/Lee extra intensive physical conditioning for the next 10 years.

So resistance seals to shorten that period it is.

_________________

It has been around 4 months and Naru is confident, that while she's not Kage level, she's mid to high Jounin.

Her Chakra, once she got Kurama's other half and the seal removed, went back to her hard-earned perfect control after the changes settled in a matter of one week.

Honestly, she could've wept in joy.

Narumi detests her back in the days of non-existing chakra control.

Convincing her alcoholic leader that she wants to enter the exams alone instead of the customary 3 team members, was draining, to put it mildly, and she never wants to experience it. ever.

But at long last, she's been persuaded, partially...

Somehow.

Tsunade was likely indulging her, though, not considering that she could accomplish much.

'maybe it could be an experience for Narumi?' she probably thought.

Well, Naru plans to be the first one to be promoted to Jounin from Konoha's Twelve.

She also needs her promotion fast to isolate herself from her once friends and colleagues and she had to do it as naturally as possible to not attract unwanted attention, easy.

Once the war is over Narumi will cut ties with not only Konoha and its inhabitants but also the ninja world.

Maybe she can Farm? She does have the wood bloodline, so it could be easy, she can build a cosy and warm house or a big mansion with a big library and a training ground, maybe she could even raise some kids or build an orphanage?

It doesn't matter, so long as she's not connected to Konoha and the ninja world, she will be happy.

Uzushio will always be her home, she'll just live there or build her mansion there and spend her vacation surrounded by the whirlpools.

Just thinking of her life after stopping the war makes her happy, such happy and peaceful thoughts! such happiness and peacefulness are waiting for her, Uzumaki Narumi.

Narumi is truly tired of hatred and lies and deception.

She's tired of smiling and laughing when she doesn't feel like it.

She's tired from faking joy and happiness.

She's tired of everything associated with shinobi and politics.

Sigh, mental exhaustion is a bitch, she sounds like a despairing geezer!

Whatever, at least her apartment is clean and functioning, not painted as she thought when coming back from her shopping spree with Ino, only fixed, since she moved out after her lease ended, she doesn't plan to live there anymore since Tsunade offered her to live with her and Shizune, now, how could she decline such a nice offer?

Just because it's been offered with ulterior motives?

Just because Tsunade thinks she can monitor Narumi?

Pfft.

Just because she has money doesn't mean she likes spending it on rent.