Down we go

Hello there, I'm Kayo Higurashi; Kagome's adopted sister. Her family found me in their family's well when I was just a toddler. I was born with crimson eyes an jet black pin straight hair; so one could say that I definitely stood out among the crowd. 

 Apparently when Mom found me I was wrapped in a black robe that was about five times too large for my small body, which we all assumed must have been from my birth parents, but I grew up with Kagome and we've become very close. I don't really like dwelling on the fact that I'm adopted, since Kagome and I are roughly the same age.

One day Kagome and I were walking by the old shed where the well was hidden on our grounds, and we had heard shuffling around. Being our normal snoopy selves we investigated only to find our little brother also snooping around the small building; it turns out that he was just looking for our family cat though. He had sworn up and down that Buyo had managed to get in and was prowling around down by the creepy well-opening itself. 

Once there, a large woman crawled from an opening between the panels and grabbed Kagome, managing to drag her down the well, only problem for her was, I held onto my sister. When the strange beastly looking lady grabbed onto Kagome, she flung her around momentarily allowing me to push Sota out of the way, and grab hold of my sister's ankle. Thank the gods for my fast reflexes.

 After finding a weird boy stuck to a tree with an arrow whom appeared to be dead, being taken hostage by some natives, somehow bringing the kid back to life only for him to harrass Kagome by mistaking her for someone else, and then killing the strange woman-like monster thing after it terrorized the local village; we found ourselves in what seemed to be the feudal era, and we may have shattered their sacred jewel... Oops. 

After that Kagome concluded that we should be able to return home through the same well that we crawled out of, which was all fine and dandy until we found out that, unlike her, for some odd reason, I'm stuck in this damn era! While being trapped here, I did however find out that I'm supposedly the daughter of two ancient super powerful dog demons named Katsumi and Kikro, which was kind of interesting; especially if it were true. It seems that this Kikro, my father, ordered my mothers death and I was thrown into the well for my own survival. At least, that's what the local priestess, Kaede, concluded. I'm not too sold on the idea, but it's fun to think about while I'm trapped here. 

I mean there were ancient dog demons that ruled the areas, and they were said to have had a daughter named 'Kayo'. But that doesn't mean much since that name in particular is quite popular. I'll entertain the idea until I find some ground evidence on it.  

My goal though, since I'm stuck here, is to help gather all the lost shards, and to find my father and kill him for my painful past. Dark I know, but I'm a demon so I suppose it's in my nature? Kagome and myself have also earned the trust of a half demon named Inuyasha. I've also found that with my demonic blood awakened, after all these years, I can change into a large pitch black alien like wolf with deep blue gems imbedded throughout certain parts of my body, the deep blue color also lingers within my eyes. Anyways, lets start this story at the very beginning after I found out about my own demon blood.

"SIT!" Kagome screamed and Inuyasha feel face first over the small cliff he had perched himself on.

I sighed heavily and rubbed my temples in annoyance. I watched my sister as she sloppily yet quickly rushed out of the river, having cleaned herself of any dirt and sweat that had covered her during our earlier battle for the very first shard. I had hung her clothes over the fire to dry, I watched them carefully as she changed into an outfit Lady Kaede had provided.

I couldn't help but smile when she walked out from behind the bushes, this era's clothing suits my sister quite well. I kicked a stone into the river before my attention was focused on a stirring Inuyasha.