It doesn't add up.

Well, now that I think of it, it makes a little sense. The werewolf pelt I saw as his carpet already gave me a little hint that he was crazy to some extent.

And it hurts, even more than the injury on my head, to know my mate even thought about doing this to me– to us, Verna and I that is.

As these thoughts run through my head, I hear the faint sounds of leather boots coming in contact with a wooden floor, and the sound is coming from the ceiling.

Wait, ceiling? Great, that must mean that I'm in a basement or something similar.

' Maybe we're in the dungeon of an evil wizard that cast a spell on our mate that made him act the opposite of how he's supposed to.'

' Yeah right, and he managed to break the spell and it's him that is upstairs, coming down to save us like the prince charming he is and is going to apologise to us and treat us like the princess we are.' I reply sarcastically. I think that baseball bat did more damage to her than me.

' Hey, don't pull the sarcasm card on me for trying to lift our spirits up, young lady. If we were in different bodies, I would smack you on the back of your head with flip flops.' Yup, that's my wolf, practically like a second mom inside my head. All that's left is her own body and a rolled up magazine.

' I heard that!' shs pretended that she was offended when we both knew that she loves me. 'No I don't.'

'Keep telling yourself that until you believe it.'

Our little conversation is cut short when those footsteps became louder and closer until they stopped in front of the cell door. I look forward to see the Max standing behind the bars of the door, an evil smirk on his beautiful face-

How can I even think that? No, I will not let him have control over me, mate bond or not.

He brings a pair of gloves from his pocket and puts them on before bringing out a key from his breast pocket, using it to unlock the barred door.

I was right, it is made of silver.

He pushes it open making it let out a very annoying creaking sound. He then steps in and closes the door behind him and locking it again.

He turns towards me, smirk still intact, and speakers up. "Hello my mate, how's your head feeling." He spits the word mate with such disgust.

I huffed. "Peachy, after you nearly cracked my head open." I deadpanned. "Just tell me what the hell you are doing. If this is all some kind of sick joke, then kindly shut it down now. I can still forgive you." I tried reasoning with him.

"I can let you go, on one condition." Whenever someone says that, the condition is usually a good one.

' We aren't going to like this condition, are we?' Verna asked, all traces of the earlier mirth gone.

'No we won't Verna, no we won't.' I replied, never taking my eyes off the Alpha.

"What is the condition Max?" His evil smirk has turned into an evil grin.

"Well, it's pretty simple actually. All you have to do is to be my little sex toy, since that's your only function to me anyways. You will be there to satisfy all my urges. I will come and pick you whenever I want and you will never complain or deny me of your body. Also, you can never, ever come and meet me for sex, I will come to you when I need sustenance and not the other way around. You will never ask questions and you will do as I say. You will also provide me an heir. That is all I need you to do."

I look at him.

I blink once.

I blink again.

I burst out laughing.

He must be joking.

Right?

No, there's no way he's serious. I have to admit, he almost had me fooled with his whole serous face and all.

I mean, there's no way that my mate could have asked me to do such a thing. Verna is laughing in my head at the ridiculous things we just heard. Even if he's crazy,.he has to feel something for us... right?

We eventually sober up from my laughing fit, tears in my eyes. I look up at Max, hoping to see him also laughing at his joke, but he is not laughing. Instead he has a grown on his face and he is disapointingly shaking his head.

"It didn't think it would have to come to this Victoria, but since you're so adamant on refusing my demands, I guess I'll just have to use you for another purpose." I gulp as he takes a step towards me.

What did he mean by another purpose?

My eyes widen as I look towards the inclined operating table and bottles of strange liquid. Something clicks in my head. Oh no.

Oh my fucking goddess.

"I see that you have realized what that other purpose is." That stupid smirk has returned to his face. "I'm going to use you as a lab rat to test all the methods of torture I can use for all my prisoners. And bonus, you have your own prison cell right here, deep in the forest, so that no one can hear your screams of agony."

He goes to the cart with the bottles and picks up a syringe. He fills the syringe with a grey liquid and flicks the syringe twice with his fingers. He stalked over to me, syringe in hand. I shuffled away from him, making me hiss in pain as the silver chains rubbed against my skin. I stopped moving for a brief moment due to the shock of the pain.

He used this to his advantage and grabbed my arm, quickly injecting whatever was in that syringe into my wrist. Very faint sparks flying on my arm.

As soon as he empties the contents of the syringe into my arm, he pushes my arm away.

I move my arm in an attempt to hit him while he is still close, but I suddenly start to feel weak, making my hand fall to the ground. I try to move my body but my muscles just feel so heavy. Max just chuckled at my weak attempt to attack him. He fucking chuckled!

"I see that the sedative is starting to work. Go to sleep my dear, the torturous fun will start when you awake."

I try as hard as I can to move my arm, leg, anything, but I'm just too sleepy. I fight hard with my eyelids but they just won't stay open.

As the world around me slowly blurs and turns dark, one thing runs through my head.

And it is that Alpha Maximus of the Blue Moon Pack is a heartless being and a monster.

That I am mated to this monster.

I faintly register Verna agreeing with me in my head, before my world turns black.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Dun dun duuunn!

So Victoria and her wolf have seen the true ugly color of their so called mate.

What do you think will happen next.

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share.