Chapter 3

As the sun crept through the slats in the window Willy started to wake up, he tried to roll over and look at the light but something was pinning him in place. Willy opened his eyes to see that his brother had pulled him up to his chest while he was asleep and moved his leg over his. Willy started trying to wiggle out of his grip but between the pajamas, blanket and his brother holding on to him it was no use.

"Hey! Dilly!" Willy called to his brother who just grunted back at him, he pushed against his chest trying to shove him awake. "Wake up and let go of me!"

Dylan started to release his brother as he rubbed his eyes awake, Willy now free tried to get out of the bed and fell to the floor on the other side with a shriek. "Are you okay?" Dylan asked him.

"You're lying on the stupid tail." He called from the ground, Dylan sat up and he heard Willy's leg flop onto the ground completely.

"Sorry about that." Dylan apologised to his brother.

Not wanting to start the day completely ticked off Willy stood up now appreciating that he was finally free of the bed. "What's with all the hugging while you sleep?" He asked him, being more curious than annoyed at his brother. He was surprisingly in a good mood this morning, most likely due to the upcoming skiing.

Dylan's face flushed red. "I don't know..." He trailed off. "I usually sleep with my stuffed animals at home."

Willy snickered at his brother. "You really couldn't handle one night without cuddling some stuffed dinosaur?" He asked mockingly, knowing he had a collection of stuffed dinosaurs on his bed at home.

"Well they don't usually fight back in the morning." Dylan mumbled.

Willy's face was now turning red as it dawned on him that he had replaced his brother's stuffed toys. "Whatever!" He dismissed him and went to change. "Hug a pillow or something tonight."

Willy shifted through the suitcase looking for his winter underwear and skiing outfit, usually he just wore his pajamas under his snowsuit but figured his mom must have packed him something else since she packed the dinosaur footies. When he finally found what he was looking for he had forgotten about how old and worn his winter thermal underwear were, torn in some places and had seen many wears after years of hockey practice.

"You're going to wear that all day?" Dylan asked him, looking at the worn out underwear.

"Yeah, it's not like anyone will notice in that stupid old snowsuit anyway." Willy reminded his brother whose face lit up at the mention of the outfit.

"I love those snowsuits!" He smiled at his brother. "It's too bad mine didn't fit this year and I had to get snow pants and a jacket."

Even Willy had to admit it would be a waste to try and insist to buy him a new skiing outfit when they owned two snowsuits that still fit him. "Well I can't wait till I get a new one, those snowsuits are really stupid."

Willy started to unbutton his dinosaur footies and tossed them on the bed for the evening, he then pulled up a worn set of long red thermal underwear and pulled on the matching long shirt. "These will be fine, super warm and no one but you will see them." Willy told his brother.

"There is a hole in the butt!" Dylan snickers at him.

"Doesn't matter, no one will see." Willy told him defiantly. He then pulls out the garment bag where his snow suit is and starts to unzip it. He pulls out not one but two one piece snowsuits, one bright green and the other bright red. "Why did Dad pack both of them?"

"I think he just took all the bags and we used to keep ours together." Dylan explained as he was preparing his own skiing gear which consisted of black snow pants and a red jacket.