Chapter 26: Lost Boy

Start from the beginning

"That was... Wow," I breathed, touching his chest as he nodded.

"Yeah, but it's always... Wow," he reacted, giving me an adorable smile.

"Goodnight, Leo."

"What do you mean?" He knitted his eyebrows together in confusion as he looked at me.

"You said you were going to bed after you finished your cigarette, so goodnight." I reached on my tip toes to give him a lingering peck before leaving.

"I fucking love you, you know," he called into the night, my cheeks turning rosy.

"I love you too," I answered, turning just to give him one last smile.

It was super early when we had to meet up at the school, and then travel to the airport on a bus. Thankfully everything went smoothly, and Leo and I were sitting beside each other on the plane. Tobey and Clementine were right in front of us, but they were too preoccupied with one another.

"Fuck... I don't know when I've been this tired," Leo groaned, leaning his head against the window seat.

"Get some rest. We don't land for awhile," I gently told him.

I couldn't help but admire how cute he was when he zonked out. His mouth was open and he just looked so peaceful. When we ran into a little bit of turbulence he was half asleep as he lifted his head. I made sure that he rested it against my shoulder, him finding dreamland shortly after again.

"We're here, Leo," I whispered, shaking him carefully as he fluttered his eyes open.

"Sorry," he mumbled, since his head had somehow fallen against my breast.

"It's okay. Are you feeling better now?" I rubbed his back as he managed to nod his head, still rubbing his eyes.

The streets were noisy when we boarded our bus, me squeezing Leo's hand in excitement as we neared the White House. It honestly was the best day, sightseeing with some of the closest people in my life. Clementine had a disposable camera that she kept using to capture us on film.

I smiled widely as Leo wrapped his arms around me, us in front of the huge, Lincoln Memorial.

"Attention! Students! If we're able to get to the bus in an orderly fashion with no hiccups, then we can go to McDonald's before flying home," our female teacher informed us.

"You're probably sick of that place, aren't you," I guessed as I talked to Leo.

"Nah. I mean I serve the food. I don't eat it," he pointed out.

"That's true. I guess we better get into line." We held hands the entire walk to our bus, since the teachers weren't as picky on this field trip.

"That honestly felt like a dream. I'm still pretty tired," Leo lowly chuckled, since we were on the plane again.

"Don't worry. I have the pictures to prove it really happened," Clementine piped up, holding up her camera as she looked at us over her seat. We had to buckle up soon though, Leo releasing a sigh causing me to turn towards him.

"Sorry, I was trying to keep myself from yawning," he admitted.

When April rolled around I was proudly sitting on the bleachers with the other students. They were having a staff versus the boys' basketball team game that afternoon.

I giggled at how Leo kept stealing the basketball from our math teacher, shooting a wink in my direction that made my cheeks flush. Clementine jokingly nudged me before leaning her head against Tobey's shoulder. When the final buzzer sounded, the score ended up being the boys winning by a landslide. I couldn't be happier, especially since Leo was the best player on the team. While everyone was leaving when the bell rang, I was meeting up with Leo outside the locker room.