"Such a good samaritan," Nina teased slightly and Coulson playfully rolled his eyes.

"I'll do what I can," Simmons sighed, too stressed to appreciate the little unprofessional moment between the director and her friend, "I'm going to need an adrenaline injector, one milligram."

"Got it," Fitz said, falling into his role as Simmons' medical assistant. He grabbed what she needed and passed it to her, Simmons didn't spare a moment before stabbing the needle into Cal's neck.

The man in question gasped and began to convulse, while everyone looked at him worried Nina noticed his skin start to blister. She was quick to move towards Simmons, grabbing her arm and pulling her behind her at the same time Cal spun himself off the bed and hit the ground.

"Oh God, is he o-" Simmons' question was cut off when Cal's hand, now bumpy with ragged nails, grabbed the bed and pulled himself up. The bumps covered his entire body and his face was swollen as he grinned at them.

"You were looking for a monster?" he asked, his voice a fraction deeper than before.

"Oh shit," Sara muttered, she hit the bottom of Tobias' leg and he looked down at her, "he always this ugly?"

With a sigh, Nina waved her hand and the ghosts went up in a puff of blue smoke. She loved them to death but right now she needed them out of her head.

"Everyone out!" Coulson yelled and Nina kept her eyes locked on Cal as lab techs and FitzSimmons ran out of the room.

Coulson and Nina remained, watching as he grabbed the needle off the floor and looked at it.

"Hm," he hummed, reading the label, "this is what I was missing."

"Cal?" Coulson asked as he tossed the needle over his shoulder and moved towards them, "Cal, listen to me."

The man grabbed the end of the bed and with a grunt, lifted it and threw it in their direction. Nina raised a hand and shadows immediately burst out from the wall, they grabbed hold of the bed and surged back into the wall. Taking the bed with them, slamming it against the wall as the shadows absorbed back into it, leaving the blankets to hit the floor.

"You're inhuman!" Cal stated surprised, Coulson used his shock to back out of the room, pulling Nina out with him. Once they were out the doors closed and Cal moved towards the glass, grinning at them menacingly.

"Surprise," Nina shrugged, not feeling intimidated.

"Cal, I can take you to Daisy, but you need to calm down," Coulson tried.

"This is me calm, Phil," the man yelled back, slamming his hands against the glass. The sound made most people in the room jump.

"Fitz?" the director called out, "I'm open to suggestions."

"ICERs are a good start," he said, pulling one out and handing it to him.

"Agreed."

"That's not going to do anything but piss him off," Nina shook her head and by the way Coulson looked at her, he obviously agreed.

"There are more lethal solutions," Simmons suggested.

"I know, that's why I asked Fitz and not Nina," Coulson responded, "I'm not ready to give up on him yet."

"Does that mean I'm on defence?" Nina asked, her tone matching that of a toddler being told no. She didn't mean to sulk but she didn't want to think of ways to keep Cal alive when he didn't wish the same luxury on them.

"For now yes. He's Skye's father, or at least, he was. I'm hoping there's still a sliver of the man who..." Coulson trailed off as Cal's fist broke through the glass, shattering it enough to allow him to step into the main section of the lab.