26

ziggy glanced back at the clock.

10:57

it was a humid night, the wind whistling outside.

you would only have these nights near the end of spring. ziggy personally loved these types of night. but she was too distracted to be admiring.

the photo box was still on the floor, but ziggy had managed to crawl onto her bed. she was sprawled out on her bed, the covers covering her in specific places.

ziggy had a rush of guilt.

she felt bad about being weird toward Madison earlier that day. madison probably felt like a piece of shit. ziggy felt like one too.

the wind pushed through the window and onto ziggy's body, making her get the chills.

ziggy sat up, fixing her hair so it didn't look odd.

she stood from her bed and buckled a pair of blue jeans on.

she slid on her boots and a black flannel over her light brown top that had a weird curve at the top.

ziggy quietly tip toed down the hall and out the door since rose had been sleeping.

she hopped on her bike and rode the quiet streets of her area before getting near the more popular area where madison lived.

most lights we off, but a few were on.

ziggy arrived at madison large house quickly.

she hid her bike behind some bushes and quietly sprinted to the side of madison's house.

the brunettes room was on the second floor of course.

"fuck." ziggy mumbled.

she felt along the walls until she felt some pipes poking out the sides.

the room for her feet we slim, but it was enough.

"i swear to fucking god..." ziggu muttered as she attempted to climb the skinny pipes.

she felt the pipes creaking everytime she moved, so it freaked her a bit.

finally, the poles reached to arms length of madison's window, and there was a short ledge thing propped in front of the window.

ziggy reached for the window sill.

she gripped onto it as she dangled her feet off the pipes and pulled herself onto the ledge.

"jesus christ." she groaned as she pushed the window up.

ironically, it was unlocked.

she saw madison turned in her chair from her desk.

ziggy crawled through the window and onto some cushion under the window, then onto the floor.

ziggy whined as she got back up.

"ziggy?" the taller girl asked, questioning why the shorter girl was here so late.

"hey." ziggy sighed.

"is something wrong?" madison asked, a hint of worry in her tone.

"no, no it's not that uh.." ziggy replied. "i'm sorry for being a bitch earlier today. my.. my mom said something that made me upset so.. i didn't know how to react so i ignored you i guess." the redhead rambled quickly.

madison looked at her apologetically.

"it's okay, i know seeing your mom was upsetting." madison said, walking over to the girl.

she planted a kiss on the redheads cheek.

"i'm, i'm gonna head home now. we have school tomorrow so-"

"oh, of course. yeah totally." madison agreed.

they said their goodbyes and ziggy left for her house.

monday morning always felt like a drag.

ziggy woke up out of bed in a bad mood.

she got dressed into a white and green faded striped shirt and buttoned a black corduroy jacket on since it was quite cold that day.

ziggy also put on a pair of baggy jeans.

she tied her boots on and put her hair down normally.

she got her walkman and brown backpack and walked out the door.

the school bus arrived quickly and trudged on.

when ziggy came into the school, she was met with murmurs.

she was wondering why there was a whole bunch of murmuring and also why there was a big crowd of kids.

she tried to ignore it until she saw a familiar face.

mason.

he was back from the hospital.

he turned around to be met with ziggy.

his eyes automatically became tense.

"hey." ziggy said sarcastically.

"you broke my fucking nose." he growled at her.

"and? mommy paid for you to get stitches so your fine. I don't see you crying." ziggy stated.

mason glared at her before the bell rung.

ziggy trudged over to her locker and took out her book for her next class, then walked over like nothing happened.