Chapter 24 - ॐ

[Braille (Bunny) Simmons]

CHAPTER 24

Bittersweet Endings

(recap) -

I kissed Taye sweetly on the lips once more and the front door slammed open.

It took three angry stomps for Braille to reach us.

"Braille..." I smiled at her but then I realized that she was visibly upset.

"So, you're just gonna start dating Taye!?" She suddenly shouted at me.

"...What? No–" I responded but she shouted, "Taye doesn't deserve you! You should date me!"

"Why would you choose her over me?! I'm the better choice!" Braille protested.

"I can love you better! I can cater to you, and satisfy you better! With her, it'll be a constant power struggle! But with me, you can comfortably give and receive! We're perfect for each other!"

"What the–?" I started but didn't finish, attempting to get a grasp on the situation. I was completely blindsided by her outburst.

Taye was unfazed as she said, "And I'm selfish?"

"Well, I know damn sure she deserves better than you!" Braille combats.

"You set this up from the–!" Taye grabs Braille by the mouth just then, muffling her words.

Taye got close to Braille's face as she muttered lowly, "If I knew you'd act like this, I would've dropped you the day I met her. Let's not forget that you happily played along with this."

I couldn't hear what she said to her, I could only feel the heavy tension between the two of them.

Taye removed her hand from Braille's mouth and a frown was resting underneath. She said nothing afterwards, not even a slick remark.

"Uh..." I said slowly to capture their attention and they both looked at me.

"I hate it when y'all argue." I stated first while looking between them, "And Braille–"

"You wanna be with Taye, don't you?" She cut me off with beady eyes. It was as if she was seconds away from crying. "You mean to tell me... I'm... losing my partner, and my first love?"

I looked at her incredulously after her last statement and Taye scoffs out, "First love?"

"Don't you have a new one every month?"

"Fuck off!" Braille shouted, "Of course you would take real emotions as a joke!"

"My apologies but didn't you call me the same thing, a month into us talking?" Taye questioned her. "Or, did I imagine that?"

Braille's face blew up in pure anger but once again, she said nothing in response.

Taye leaned towards her ear as she whispered, "You call me psychopathic... meanwhile you're delusional. It's really pathetic."