Chapter 12 - ॐ

[Amina Clément]

CHAPTER 12

A Proper Knight

It was a cool night as a full moon shone among the horizon. A mixture of the smell of expensive cologne and the recognizable scent of shea butter wafted in the air. There was something deeply alluring about the look in her eyes.

I found the words I was looking for and asked, "How'd you know where I live?"

Taye let out a brief chuckle before responding, "...Does that matter right now?"

I don't know how I feel about that.

"Will you grant me the honor of being a proper knight and whisking you up, little prince?" She asked with her hand still outstretched.

I could feel my face heat up and I resisted the urge to smile at her corniness. I took her hand and she helped me onto my feet.

She bent slightly and the soft feeling of her warm lips touched the top of my hand.

...She's just so damn smooth.

It was then that she freed my hand from her grasp and I asked, "What was that for?"

"...It felt appropriate." Taye said with a smile. "Are you trying to go somewhere?"

I thought of what I should say next.

"Don't you want to leave before she comes out?" Taye then asked and I was caught off guard.

"How'd you-" I start and she tells me, "I can tell when someone else is in the room, Amina."

She took my chin in her hand and observed my face as she asked, "Who is she to have made you stain your pretty face with tears, non-consensually?"

I could feel my face burning but I managed to maintain a straight face.

"I'd rather not speak on it." I replied. Taye raised a brow at me and before she could respond, a bolt of lightning lit up the sky.

I felt tiny drops of rain, then it gradually got quicker and harder as it began to pour. Taye grabbed my hand and pulled me along with her as she told me, "My car's over here..."

I tried my best to shield my line of sight while keeping up with her quick footsteps.

This felt like a serious case of déjà-vu.

I heard her car doors unlock and I quickly hopped into the passenger seat. Taye shut her door after she got in and she started laughing.

"Well, that was fun..." She said lightheartedly while wiping the raindrops from her skin.

I let out a small chuckle as I shook my head.

My hoodie felt heavier from the rain, and my socks were soaked from inside my shoes. It made me feel itchy and I wanted to change.

"I'll turn on the heat." Taye said as she switched on the air conditioning, "Maybe it'll warm us up..."

I nodded my head in agreement.