Five: Heresy

[A few men came by the estate today. Although they weren't in the Mandalorian armor that I am accustomed to, I believe they were some bounty hunters. They asked to speak with all of the servants, and I had to form a lie that the female section of the quarters had a terrible illness spread through it the night before to keep them away from it. I am unsure how much longer I can hide the Princess away...]

-B.H. (Brendol Hux)

    The Outer Rim was nothing like anything you'd seen before

    Though, that wasn't saying much considering the only experiences you had took place within the walls of the Hux estate and, more recently, the forest and campsite that Sir Ren had taken you to.

    But your surroundings still reminded you of something you'd read in a book or even see in a bad dream. A village of rough, scheming individuals in run-down conditions, ready to take whatever you had to offer. It was far from the castle you spent your life in and much less peaceful than the bed you'd recently shared with Kylo.

    You sat on Kylo's horse, with him sitting behind you, his unyielding armor pressed against your shoulder blades. Around your neck was the collar he attached previously. The leash hung from a loop with the handle carefully placed in his palm.

    Behind the black horse you were riding was the fleet of knights, each on their own animal. The group of you was a threatening force, sweeping through the filthy village with power.

    Groups of people peeked out of the windows of their homes and gathered along the perimeter of the street to watch you, wanting to know why someone as important as Kylo and the Knights of Ren were passing through.

    No one dared speak to Kylo or his knights, knowing better than to engage with anyone as sadistic as they were. Most people either bowed their heads, kneeled, or at the very least, removed their hats in a show of respect.

    "Are you afraid, little dove?" Sir Ren's voice rang out gently over your shoulder. Despite the warm sun beaming down on your skin, you felt a cold rush throughout your body caused by the soft, rumbling tone behind you.

    His presence was a reminder that although you were uncomfortable with the glares you were receiving as you trudged through the mud and trash that littered the streets, you had the highest form of protection behind you: Sir Ren.

    In both hands, Kylo held the reins attached to his horse. And coupled with that, in one hand, he held your leash. The two pets that he owned.

    You attempted to think of a clever answer that would assure the man behind you that you were capable. You didn't want him to second guess his decision to buy you in the first place, especially after wandering into the woods foolishly earlier that morning.