Two: Covet

'It appears that Armitage is far from happy to see that he is no longer the youngest child inhabiting the manor now that I have brought home the Princess. If her harmless, naive nature were insufficient in rewarding her special treatment from me, her Sith lineage would assist in my fondness for her. She is entirely unaware of who she is, and I plan to keep it this way until she is ready to know. I must sign off now. I have many duties to attend to if I want to keep her past hidden from everyone but myself.

                     -B.H. [Brendol Hux]'

Although Kylo had been thrilled at the idea of getting rest, he wasn't sure if he had slept much at all the night before

Although Kylo had been thrilled at the idea of getting rest, he wasn't sure if he had slept much at all the night before. His mind was racing too quickly with all of the information he was learning.

He went through almost all of the journals on the shelf and flipped through them to read every mention of you: The Princess.

It was overwhelming to him that he found you this way and that he now knew things about you that no one else did. Even aspects that you were clueless about.

It disgusted Kylo that you were raised as a lowly servant, kept in the dark on purpose, and ripped away from your family. So far, from the reading that Kylo had done, he didn't know why Brendol did what he did.

There were so many journals, so many insignificant passages. As enthralled as Kylo had been, when he settled under the covers with a book in his hands, it didn't take much for him to nod off to sleep, images of you plastered in his mind.

Although he'd never met you before now, the idea of you had been a central plot point in Kylo's life thus far. Finding the Princess when she went missing led him to become a knight in the first place.

Kylo grew up moving from one Jedi base to another on the run with his parents, who were in charge of leading small organizations of rebels against the Sith. He was raised to hate the Empire and to work towards taking them down.

But Kylo also grew up unhappy. He grew accustomed to not forming connections with anyone around him, his parents included. Never having stability, always having to escape and hide overnight, gave him a constant state of chaos and anxiety.

He felt like he hadn't found a true home until he put his energy into something he could control: knighthood. With the Sith, Kylo had structure, and he had a set of rules to follow. It comforted him.

Around the time that Kylo was coming into his own as a young man, coincidentally had been the same time that the raid on the Empire occurred, and Palpatine's granddaughter had gone missing.

One night, after fighting with his mother, Kylo took off on his own, trying to locate you. He never returned home.

And now, after all of the years of searching and coming up short, Kylo found you.