~Decision~

Rieka marched into the casita, steam practically fuming out of her hot ears.

She spotted Abuela at the top of the stairs, almost to her room.

"Abuela!"

The woman stops, turning to look down at her niece without expression.

"How could you do something like this!?!" She cried out," didn't you think of your son, for once in your life take his best interests at heart here!"

"I am Rieka" Abuela advised her," you don't even know half of the story niña, I'm doing this because it's for the best".

"Forcing us the marry each other!?!"

While the commotion was happening, Bruno entered the casita, quietly watching the whole thing.

"Bruno doesn't deserve any of this! I'm not marrying him and that's final!"

"Think about what I'm doing for you-"

"I have!" She screamed angrily," and I refuse the proposal!"

She stormed off into the kitchen, using the secret compartment to go into the walls.

Abuela's gaze turned to him, staring hellish flames into his soul.

"Fix.this..." she ordered before retreating to her room. When he heard her door slam shut, he stumbled after Rieka.

"Rieka!" He called to her," Rieka wait! Por favor!"

He made it to the door, finding it already cracked open. He peaked inside, catching her figure lounging on his arm chair holding the rats.

"Rieka..." he called gently this time, taking slow cautious steps as to not startle her.

"Rieka I..."

"How can something so cruel come from love Bruno?" She gently scratched the chin of a grey mouse.

Without another word, he slid down to his knees, placing his head against the arm rest of the chair she resided in.

"Abuela is just trying to look out for us Rieka"

"I know..."

"Please, it's best if you....you just... do what she wants".

"You can't be serious Bruno!" she gasped, setting down the rat and leaning towards him.
"You can't possibly go through with something like this!"

"What other option is there? " he gently grasps her wrist, "Please Rieka, I don't want you to be on Abuela's bad side. She'll send you away, marry you off to a stranger far away and we'll never see you again. She said so, she told me herself".

"I don't care what she'll do!" She jumps to her feet angrily," I care about you Bruno, I care about your freedom!"

Tears flooded her vision, upon feeling the salty tears on fall to her face, she sharply turned away from the older man. The last thing she wanted was to cry, especially in front of him.

"A-are you crying-"

"No!" She snapped, quickly wiping them away. "I'm just so fucking angry, that woman's heart can be so cold".

"Language-"

"Fuck language, I'm sick of this bullshit-"

He slams a hand to her mouth, using the other to hold her head in place. "Please stop..." he quietly begged, is voice a hushed whisper.