Chapter 50: Katsuki Bakugou

The last thing Bakugou remembered clearly was fighting Dabi with Half and Half. It had felt so good to fight the people that kidnapped him. But then there was a flash of green light and a voice in his head started to mumble stuff about a crown. Bakugou lost his focus and a piece of rubble hit his head, causing him to blackout. The next thing he knew, he was lying on a stretcher with a bandaged head. It was almost night, and the school barrier was finally down. The voice in his head was gone.

"Bakugou!" Kirishima said as Bakugou sat up.

He came over.

"You good?"

"Yeah, idiot. Did we win?" Bakugou asked.

"Uh, not really. We had the villains; I saw some of them tied up. But then that black sludge started dripping from their mouths and they vanished." Kirishima explained.

Bakugou remembered the disgusting taste of the sludge.

"So, we lost?"

"Yeah. Ida, Jaune and Penny are all dead. Pyrrha was shot in the heart and ankle, and the shafts of the arrows broke off so no one can get them out. Yang's arm got cut off, and Blake and Sun ran away." Kirishima explained.

Bakugou swore. He was enraged that his school had lost so badly. Before he could rant, Vice Principal Nezu called everyone's attention.

"The school has been searched thoroughly and all students are accounted for. Your parents have all been called and several buses have been called to drop you off." he explained.

Bakugou stood up and saw a few students getting into cars. Deku went off with his mom, and Bakugou saw his mom pull up. He left and sat in the passenger seat.

"I bet you put up a nice fight." His mom said, holding his shoulder. "Is your head okay?"

"Yeah." he responded.

They drove home and Bakugou went to bed. As he fell asleep, he heard the voice in his head.

"Hello, Bakugou. I'm Ozpin. I'm sure you're confused. See, long ago, I was given the ability to reincarnate. My last host was your headmaster. Now you are my host. We have a lot ahead of us, but you were chosen for a reason." It said as green smoke filled his mind. "Now, in order to make everything work, you must seek out Ruby Rose. Some things require a simpler, more honest soul."

Bakugou wasn't sure if he should be insulted for not being called a simple honest soul or not. He also didn't know who Ruby Rose was. He was also angry about why his principal had to be in his head. The green smoke thinned, and his mind darkened to a crimson-violet color. A vision appeared in the haze, a lady's face with skin whiter than paper and weird red veins on her face. Her red eyes were black where it should have been white. She was super scary. She was smiling the freakiest smile Bakugou had ever seen.

"A smaller, more honest soul? Well, it's true that a simple spark can ignite hope and breathe fire into the hearts of the weary. The ability to derive strength from hope is undoubtedly mankind's greatest attribute. Which is why I will focus all of my power to snuff it out." the lady said. "How does it feel? Knowing that all of your time and effort has been for nothing? That your guardians have failed you? That everything you've built will be torn down before your very eyes? Your faith in mankind was not misplaced. When banded together, unified by a common enemy, they are a noticeable threat. But divide them, place doubt into their minds, and any semblance of power they once had will wash away. Of course, they won't realize it at first. Like you, they'll cling to their fleeting hope, their aspirations. But this is merely the first move. So, you send your guardians. Your Heroes. And when they fail and you turn to your smaller soul, know that you send her to the same pitiful demise. This is the beginning of the end, Ozpin. And I can't wait to watch you burn."