Wait, You're Blind??

New story that I promised! I had this idea in class a while ago. Please remember I don't copy work, and any similar ideas to another story are not intentional! :)

And I am simply a fan of One Direction. (Well, a directioner). I in no way know them, all of the information in this book I have either gathered from online or I made up for the story. 

Didn't know if I should make that clear, so I did just in case! :)

Dance is my release. The only thing that lets me be myself. Just because I can't see myself doesn't mean I'm not a good dancer. But just sometimes, I wish I could see, just so I could be normal and especially see myself when I dance.

"Dani, someone's on the phone for you!" my mom called.

I reached for the extension in my room, answering, "Hello?"

"Hi, Dani! This is Mary from the Make A Wish foundation. I was calling to see what your wish would be this year."

"Oh, right! Um, I would like One Direction tickets and a chance to meet them, alone afterwards. Can you get two tickets, one for me and one for my best friend?"

"That sounds like a great wish. I'll send that along, and the tickets and backstage passes will be at your house soon. The concert is in a week, so the tickets should arrive tomorrow. Have a nice day."

"Thank you!" I said goodbye and hung up before standing and walking carefully downstairs. Penny, my yellow lab, immediately came and started licking my hand.

"So, what did you wish for?" David, my older brother asked.

"One Direction tickets," I replied, finding an apple in the fridge and biting into it.

"What's so special about that? I could have gotten you those!" he said, and I could tell he was giving me a look.

"And backstage passes. I'm meeting them!" I exclaimed. "I'm going to invite Mandy to come. But, can you please drive me to the studio? I have my solo practice."

"Alright, alright. Let's go."

The drive to the studio was quick, and I walked in and straight to the second room, where I had practice.

"Hey, Dani! Ready to work?" Katy, one of my teachers, asked.

"Yup, let's get started!" I exclaimed, going down into my splits to stretch.

"I have a question for you. Your mom already said it's okay, it's up to you. Do you want another solo?"

"Yes! What song?"

"Little Things."

"Yes! Of course, let's work on that!"

"Run through your first solo first, and then we'll start."

Once I was warmed up, we started working on the new solo. "Did you hear that I'm meeting them?" I asked, getting ready to dance.

"Yup. Excited?"

"Obviously! I love them!"

"Alright, calm down. I was wondering if you wanted to choreograph this piece. I would just make sure it's perfect."

"Really?"

"Yup, go ahead, I'll just watch."

The music played and I started moving to the beat, doing different extensions and moves. Within two hours, I had the perfect dance planned and even had a costume idea in mind.

"I know what I want the costume to look like!" I exclaimed, running over to Katy.

"And what would that be?"