Chapter Six

"That was weird!" Delilah said after Alec left.

"Weird? How?" I asked.

" Well, firstly, he asked you out on a date, and secondly, he freaking kissed you!"

"Who kissed her?" Sarah asked, entering the room with Adrian following behind her.

"Alec!" Delilah said, excitement clear in her voice. This girl!

"He didn't ask me out on a date. We are just going out for dinner. I'm not even sure if I'm going or not. And he only kissed my forehead. It's not a big deal! " I said, well, practically shouted.

"Hey, do you know? Amelia never had her first kiss, just like Alec. Isn't that cute? They could be each other's first! " Delilah squealed, ignoring my comment. Great, now everyone will think I'm a weird girl who never had her first kiss! I mentally shook my head. Come on, what's weird about that? Alec never had his first kiss either. Somehow, that made me slightly happy. Oh no, am I developing a crush? That is not a good thing! He might be the killer of my niece! Or he might be my stalker/admirer. Wait, why am I always assuming it's a guy? It could be a girl too! Maybe it's Delilah! Or maybe it's Sarah. Or not. This is ridiculous. How am I going to find them? Maybe it's...

"AMY!!?" Sarah shouted, waving her hands. Geez, why is she shouting?

"Yeah?" I asked.

"You zoned out. I said we need to go shopping!"

"What, shopping? Why? "

"You know, for your date with Alec." She said it in a duh tone.

"Are you even listening to me? It's not a date! And I'm not sure if I'm going or not. " I said with irritation, clear in my tone.

" Come on, don't be like that. Okay, how about this? We can just hang out together this evening at the mall. Just me, you, and Lilah. Please say yes. I'm your new friend, right? " She asked, blinking her eyes, trying to look innocent.

"Fine!" I agreed, knowing that she'd not leave me alone until I accepted.

"Ok, let's go now, let's go!" Delilah said, repeatedly clapping her hands. Aww, she's adorable.

Just when I was about to leave, Adrian grabbed my arm and pulled me toward him.

"What?" I asked. Somehow, I feel comfortable around him despite his rude character.

" I don't know what's the deal between you and Alec, but I must warn you, if you are planning to have any sort of relationship with him, then that'll be the biggest mistake you have ever made," he said.

For a moment, I thought he was speaking out of jealousy. But when I looked into his eyes, he just seemed concerned and that's all.

------------------------------------------

I was very exhausted when I reached the apartment. Surprisingly, I had a fun time with the girls. We ended up shopping, and I got two cute dresses, whereas Delilah and Sarah bought half the store, which was worth more than my 1-year salary from my part-time job. Speaking of that, I've been taking way too many leaves. I wouldn't even be surprised if they fired me.

Luke was lying on the couch watching some horror movie. Hearing me come in he turned back to look at me.

"Hey Amy, how was work today?" He asked, sitting up, gesturing for me to sit next to him.

"I took leave today," I said, and sat next to him and rested my head against his shoulder, feeling very exhausted.

"Again? "What happened?" he asked.

"Went out with Sarah and Delilah. Hey, did you know that they renovated the E-Block just because they needed a place to hang out without any disturbance? " I asked.

"They took you there? That's strange, I mean, they are very secretive about that place. "

"Oh." I didn't know how to respond. Everything seemed strange about them. I sighed. I'm too tired to worry about them right now. I'm hungry too, even after eating with them at the restaurant.

"I'm hungry," I said out loud.

"You didn't have dinner with them?" he asked.

"I did." He laughed. "Wait, I forgot," he said and walked over to the kitchen, leaving me alone on the couch.

"What?" I asked and followed him. He took a box from the fridge, which I assume is a cake box. I didn't see that box in the fridge this morning. Did he buy me a cake?

"I'm so sorry for taking your cake without your permission. I figured something is up after you said you bake only when you are sad. I didn't want to ask you in front of them. What happened? Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yeah... um, I'm fine. It's just that today is Mom's birthday, and I usually bake a cake for her and we eat it together on her birthday every year. Well, until she left us. Now, I just bake the cake, hoping that she'll finally come and we will be together happily and everything will be alright like before. " I said, smiling sadly and trying to control my tears that were threatening to spill.

"Oh Amy, I'm so sorry. She'll come around, don't worry. I'm always here for you if you need anything. It will be alright," he said, wrapping his arms around me in a hug.

I returned the hug and smiled back at him, feeling some sense of comfort.

It will be alright.

--------------------------------------------