Chapter 12 Teri Meri Prem Kahani Hai Mushkil

Narrator's POV
Today is Aashna's mehendi and Aryan still hasn't found a bride.. However, Aryan has recently got closer to Sonia, Aashna's childhood friend. He has started finding more about Aashna and how Rohit helped out her father during hard financial times..
Aryan's POV
"Aryan!" I heard as I was talking to Sonia about our common interest of traveling.
It was his family- Mom,Arshi, and Sia.
"Hi mom you finally made it! This is Sonia.." I said introducing Sonia to my family..
"Hello, Sonia... I have heard a lot about you... " My mom said..
"I also have heard a lot about all three of you! I was so so excited to meet you!" Sonia said.
"Beta, I have a question for you?" My mom said.
"Yes aunty?" Sonia said.
"I know this is sudden... But would you like to marry my son? I have been looking for a bride for my son and there couldn't be a better girl" She asked cupping Sonia's face with her hands..
My eyes widened and I glared at my mom. Sonia began to turn shy and looked at the floor. She nodded and my family embraced Sonia. Wait.. What? I just met Sonia a few days ago!!
Sonia then shyly ran away..
"Mom!!! What the hell was that?" I asked as I pulled my family to a side.
"Bhai, you know Aashna's condition.." Sia began.
"So?! I just met her a few days ago?!" I said.
"We thought that there wouldn't be a better girl than Sonia in this situation..." Arshi finished.
"Beta, we want the best for you.." My mom said. I sighed and went to find Aashna to tell her. She needed to before anyone else found out.. She asked for this..
"Aryan!" I heard behind me.
It was Aashna.
"Aryan, please take this phone out of my pouch.. Your office keeps calling me.. I have to finish putting on my mehendi ..I wonder why they keep calling ME?" She said.
"Hmm.. Maybe they know how important you are to me... " I said wrapping my arms around her waist to grab her phone out of her pouch.. She blushed and looked away..
"And by the way... I have found a bride.." I said. She then shot her eyes right to me," who?"
"Sonia.." I said. Her face fell and then she straightened up.
"Congrats.. My phone is ringing.. It must be them again .." She said now almost in tears..
She then walked away saddened.
Aashna's POV
SONIA? HE IS GETTING MARRIED TO SONIA? She is my CHILDHOOD FRIEND!!
I sat back down and continued applying my mehendi giving up on life..
"What is the first letter of your to be husband's name?" The lady who was applying my mehendi asked.
"R" I said.
"A" I heard at the same time.
I turned and saw Sonia sitting behind me and applying mehendi behind me.
"Oh hey!I am getting married to Aryan!! Can you believe it? My parents just finalized the proposal!!" Sonia said. I gave her a small smile.
A few minutes later, I looked down and saw an A in the middle of my palm.
"I told you to put an R.. Why did you put an A?" I said nervously.
"Sorry Ma'am... I got confused since you and the other lady.." She got cut off.
"An A huh.." I heard. I looked up and saw Aryan. I began to reach to my hand to wipe the A off, but Aryan grabbed my hand and stopped me.
He shook his head and smiled,"Don't even think about it.. Who knows? Maybe destiny s trying to bring us together"
"There isn't any space left on my hands! Where am I going to put the A?" Sonia said. She sulked and for some reason I felt like I won at something.I pulled my hand back, maybe it really was destiny.....