CHAPTER 4: Perished Destiny-Point Of View

[From Shaurya's house Inspector Nadeem rushed to the coaching centre. Nadeem reaches there.]

Reception: Hello sir. May I help you?

Inspector Nadeem: Can I meet the manager?

Reception: Sir do you have any appointment?

Inspector Nadeem (flashes his I'd): Police! I am inspector Nadeem. I need to meet the manager for the investigation of a case.

Reception: Okay sir, please come with me.

[The receptionist takes Nadeem to the manager's office.]

Manager: Hello Inspector. I am Anvesh Grover. And I am the manager of this beautiful coaching centre.

Inspector Nadeem: Hello Mr. Grover. I came here to ask you about a boy named Amlan Kumar. I saw his photo in your posters, so I just came up here.

Grover (hesitantly): Ohh, okay inspector.

Inspector Nadeem: So can you please tell me what kind of boy he was?

Grover: He was?? Anything happened to him??

Inspector Nadeem: Why would I use WAS for no reason Mr. Grover. He's dead.

Grover: Oh my god!! Really?

Inspector Nadeem: Yes. You please continue to say what I asked.

Grover: Umm, he was a good boy. He was quite mischievous.

Inspector Nadeem: Ohh, so I guessed it right.

Grover: What sir?

Inspector Nadeem: That you are a fraud

Grover(stammering): Frau.... Fraud... what are you saying inspector... ho.. How can you call me a fraud...

Inspector Nadeem (Moves towards him and cocks his gun): You know I have 35, goddamn, unofficial encounters.

Grover: Are you trying to threaten me?

Inspector Nadeem (turns the gun to Grover): No no Mr. Grover. I am just sharing my dark side with you.

Grover (rapidly): He was never a student of ours. He was the topper of the college last time. I just paid his parents to use his photo in our advertisement.

Inspector Nadeem: Ohh, thank you Mr. Dumbass. You will be punished for this. (Chuckles)

[Nadeem calls Kamble and orders to come and arrest Grover. Nadeem leaves the coaching and goes to Amlan's house.]

Inspector Nadeem: Hello Mr. Kumar. I got to know something about you.

Mr. Kumar: What sir?

Inspector Nadeem: I got to know that you are a cheap person who sold his son to a cheap coaching centre for some money. Am I right?

Mr. Kumar: Sorry sir

Inspector Nadeem: Ohh, that's a pity, for god's sake!! So when did you do this?

Mr. Kumar: The day my son died.

Inspector Nadeem: Shit!!! But why, why Mr. Kumar

Mr. Kumar: I needed money.

Inspector Nadeem: How shameless are you. Remember,money, it's just some piece of paper.

Mr. Kumar: Piece of paper, huh. Inspector, can you work without your salary?

[Nadeem stays silent]

Mr. Kumar: No right, never. All you do is for that salary, that money. You have portrayed me as a demon, some cheap greedy-for-money demon, but, but do you know, i am not like that. The situation I live in makes me like that. Six months ago, I lost my job. My wife started working as a tailor. Amlan was unaware of it. (In tears) When you are a dad, it is like being ashamed of, if you are unemployed. My wife's salary was never enough. To give my son the best quality education, I took loans from some of my friends. And now I am trapped. When my son topped, Grover came to me. He offered me fifty thousand rupees, just to use my son's photo to advertise his coaching. I was flattered. I accepted his deal. I was left with no other option. I was helpless.