Jordan

Aleks and I arrived at Jordan's house next. The only person there was Jordan since he lived alone. In every room, the lights were off. We found Jordan sitting in his living room, sulking in the darkness as he stared blankly ahead. He had dark bags under his eyes, and you could tell he hasn't eaten in awhile, he was noticeably skinnier.

He was still hatless. His red hat was across the room, and on the floor. It's looked like it had been thrown at the wall.

On the coffee table in front of him, his phone lays face up. It's blowing up with text messages from friends trying to get an answer from him. But Jordan just sat still, ignoring the constant buzzing of his phone.

I watch as he slowly stands up and walks towards the bathroom. I follow after him. He switches on the light and closes the bathroom door.

He studies his reflection in the mirror, his eyes grazing over the bags under them. With a sigh, he turns on the faucet and splashes cold water on his face. He turns the faucet back off, drying his face with a towel. Shutting the light off, he leaves the bathroom and walks towards the kitchen. He stands in the middle of the room, and looks around, hoping to find something he wants.

I felt bad. He looks like a sad, little lost puppy who can't find their owner.

Jordan finally gives up on his search and goes back to his original position on the couch. As soon as he sits down, there's a knock on the door. Jordan doesn't budge. The knocks continue and show no sign of stopping anytime soon. Reluctantly, Jordan slugged over to the door and looked through the peephole in the door. He sighed and sat back down on the couch.

I took a quick peek out the peephole to see who it was. It was a woman I had never seen before.

"JORDAN MATHEWSON, YOU OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW!" The woman shouted. He didn't move.

His phone began to ring. The caller ID read 'mom'. That must've been his mom at the door. Unlike all the other calls which he just let ring, he hit deny.

There was a screech from outside as the call went to voicemail. That didn't stop her from knocking though. She kept at it. Jordan walked back to his bedroom and returned with headphones. He put them on and turned his music all the way up, drowning out the sound of his mother.

Even after we left, she was still knocking.