Oh no

When I wake up in the morning, curled up in a ball next to Hangman, I groan, rolling over

When I wake up in the morning, curled up in a ball next to Hangman, I groan, rolling over. The sunlight is peaking thinly through the blinds, and I hear alarms sounding throughout the house as the other aviators awake.

  My stomach twists, and I moan, rolling over again. I feel like hell.

Jake sits up slowly, his hair a mess on his head.
"What's wrong?" He asks, his voice a deep rumble, still groggy from sleep.

"I don't feel good." I mumble, groaning again as I clutch my stomach.

"Was it something you ate?" He asks, placing a hand on my forehead, checking for a fever.

  I gag as an acidic taste fills my mouth, and I jump out of bed, bolting towards the bathroom. I barely make to too the toilet when I vomit, puking out the contents of my stomach.

Jake is behind me, a hand on my back, reaching up to gently grab my hair, pulling it out of my face.

"Goodness gracious, baby." He says, concern in his voice. I dry heave, before stopping, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand.

"Are you two okay?" I hear Bradley ask from the door, and I feel well enough to chuckle.

How crazy we must look, with me standing in Jake's shirt, my hair still messy from sleep, leaning over the toilet. And Jake, standing here in nothing but baggy sleep shorts, hanging low on his waist.

"I think she is sick." Jake says, and I wave him away, standing straight and making my way over to the sink.

"I'm fine. It's a bit of morning sickness, that's all." I say, splashing my face.

Then I freeze.

Oh no.

God, what day is it?

"Okay.... cool." Bradley says awkwardly. Jake pats my back, not seeming to notice my destress, leaving me alone in the bathroom.

Dear God, what day is it?

"Hey, Brooke." Phoenix says, leaning on the doorframe. I gasp, sickness pooling in my stomach again. I lean towards the toilet.

"What day is it, Phoenix?" I ask, and she moves into the bathroom, a quiet gasp passing her lips as she presses a hand to my shoulder.
  She is quiet as I spit into the toilet. I glance at her, and her brown eyes are wide.

"You are fucking kidding me, right?" She says, and I shake my head.

"I would never kid you like this, Nat." I whisper, meeting her gaze with equally wide eyes.

"So help me.." Nat mutters, pinching the bridge of her nose. I stare at her, taking deep breaths to try to calm myself.

I haven't gotten my period yet this month.

  How long has it been... two and a half weeks? Since the night on the deck....

Nat sighs, removing her hand from her nose, looking me up and down.

"You are so lucky I love you." She says, her voice again playful. I give her a small smile.
  "Get in the shower, I'll run to the store and grab you a pregnancy test. I need to get this," She waves her arms dramatically around at the bathroom.
  "--shit, figured out before admiral Kasansky's funeral."

"I love you, Nat." I say, resting my head in my hands. "God, I was so stupid."

"That's what you get for sex outside of marriage, darling." Nat says, and I sigh. Hangman sticks his head inside the bathroom.

"What happened?" He asks, and Phoenix pushes him out.

"Nothing important, girl stuff." She says quickly, winking at me before slamming the door shut. I stand alone in the bathroom, running my fingers through my hair.

How could I be so stupid?

So, so stupid.

***

Half an hour later, I stand up from the bathroom floor, gripping the pregnancy test in my hand. Wait three minutes: the instructions say. I sigh, shaking from nerves. I stare at myself in the mirror, trying to breath steadily.

What did I do?

I swallow, listening to the engines start in the front yard. I'm waiting. Waiting for them to leave. When the last sound of the cars fade away, I stand, sliding the test into my pocket. I am too afraid to look at it.

I stand at the door, freezing, my hand on the knob.

Look. A little voice whispers. Look.

I pull it out of my pocket, peering at the test.

It is positive.

I pat my hair dry with a towel, walking into Jake's room. He looks up at me, nervous. He is sitting on his bed, elbows on his knees. His eyes pierce into my soul, trying to read me, and I look down.

Shit.

"Why are you still here?" I manage to say. His eyes are looking me up and down, and I wrap my arms around myself.

"Did I do something wrong?" He asks, standing and cupping my face. "Is 'girl stuff' code for something."

Tears-- silent, wet tears-- well in my eyes.

  Stupid, stupid, stupid.

"I-I messed up." I choke. He doesn't say anything, just pulls me into his chest. I sob into his shirt, my arms still around my stomach. "I screwed up."

"What happened, Brooke?" He asks, giving me a gentle shake, but I just quiet in his arms. He shifts slightly, resting his chin on the top of my head.

  His scent reaches my nose, and I calm slightly, burying my head in his shoulder. He just holds me, gently stroking my hair.

  Please don't hate me. I silently plea. Please still love me like you claim you do.

  "Come on, Baby. You have to tell me so I can fix it." He says slowly. I wipe my eyes, stepping back from him and reaching into my pocket. My fingers close around the test, and I stare up at him, my thumb stroking the smooth plastic.

  "Please, Jake." I whisper, my voice cracking. "Please don't think of my any different after this."

  He gives me a playful smirk, so... him, but so inappropriate for the situation.
  "Now you are scaring me." He says, laughter on the tip of his tongue.

   I wipe me eyes, pulling out the test and pressing it into his hand.

Okay, so hear me out.

  I hate the pregnancy trope, and I know a lot of people do. But stick with me on this. 😂 I want to attempt to reveal this side of Hangman, and I don't know if it is going to turn out. Hopefully it will.

Thanks Loves!!

-❤️Kena