Model

AN: Not spell checked.

It's almost ten o'clock when we all start to fall asleep.

  I lay on the couch with Phoenix, my head in her lap as we watch some dumb comedy show with the boys. Rooster sits at my feet, laid back on the couch with his eyes half-closed.

Payback is sprawled out on the floor, almost asleep, and Fanboy is curled into a ball next to him, passed out. Coyote is on his back beside them, scrolling through his phone.

  Bob is sound asleep in a rocking chair, his head rolled back in an uncomfortable- looking position.

Hangman sits in the one other big rocking chair, his eyes glued to the tv. His head is resting on his hand and he chews on his lip. The television reflects in his eyes, dances of color in his pupils.

  He should really consider becoming a model. I think to myself, watching him run his hands through his short hair.

He glances at me, and I quickly return my gaze to the tv, trying to prevent myself from blushing.

"This show is dumb." Coyote speaks, glancing up from his phone. I yawn, stretching my arms.

"It really is." I say groggily, rubbing my eyes.

Bradley sits up, his eyes wide.
  "You don't have a hotel room, Brooke." He says. I shrug.

  "I'll sleep on the couch." I say. "I don't mind."

Phoenix stands, and my head falls with a thud.

"Wow, Thanks Phoenix." I mutter, sitting up. She rolls her eyes, leaving the room.

"Night guys!" She says, and Bob sits up suddenly in his seat at the sound of many 'good nights'. His glasses fall of his nose into his lap, and I laugh.

"Well, goodnight then." Payback says, standing and dragging Fanboy with him. "Come on, sleeping beauty."

Fanboy grumbles, but follows groggily after his friend out of the room.

Coyote follows after them, with Bob bringing up the rear.

I snuggle deeper into the couch, closing my eyes.

"Are you gonna head up, Hangman?" Bradley asks, his voice dark. Hangman lets out a huff, but I hear him stand.

"Don't trust me with the little sis, Rooster?" He asks.

"I don't trust you at all, actually." My brother replies, his voice dripping with venom. I stick my head out of the cushion, blowing hair out of my face.

"Can you ladies wrap this up so I can sleep?" I ask, sitting up. Jake smirks, his eyes resting on me as he speaks.

"Of course, sweetheart." He says, winking. I can basically hear Rooster's blood boiling as we listen to Hangman ascend the stairs.

"I hate him." My brother mutters as I stand, moving to grab my backpack from the hall.

"Be nice." I say. "He just has confidence issues."

"You always see the best in people, you know that, right?" Bradley says, helping me lay a blanket over the couch.

"Yeah. It's one of my best qualities." I joke, plopping down on the couch.  "Good night, Bradley."

"Good night, sis. Love you." He says, pausing at the door.

  "Love you too."

***

I let out a grumble as the curtains are pulled open the next morning, and Phoenix jumps up and down on the couch.

"Morning, Brooke!" She cries, dancing around. "Time to get up!"