𝑿𝑿𝑽𝑰𝑰𝑰. 𝒆𝒅𝒅𝒊𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒅

Start from the beginning

Harper shook her head, "No, no, no, no." She let out a sob, caressing his face with her thumb, "You didn't run." Eddie's smile never wavered.

"Tell Dustin to look after those little sheep for us, okay?" Eddie asked, grabbing onto her arm.

"No, you're gonna do that yourself." Harper cried.

Eddie shook his head, "Nah... please, tell Dustin to look after them." He paused, letting out another cough, "Cause I'm actually gonna graduate..." Tears welled up in his eyes as he stared up at the girl, "I think it's my year, Harper." His breathing grew shallow, "I think it's finally my year."

Harper bit the inside of her cheek, "Eddie..."

"I love you, Harper."

Tears began to run more freely down her face, "I love you too, Eddie." She inhaled sharply seeing more tears fall from Eddie's eyes, "Dammit." Harper murmured before deciding that they had waited long enough, "I'm getting you to the hospital."

"Harper- just leave me," Eddie begged.

The girl pulled him off the ground, a sudden rush of adrenaline coursing through her veins, "Like hell, I will." She said while beginning to drag the two of them toward Eddie's trailer. She pushed through the pain of her leg and pulled herself into the trailer, the gate was growing smaller and smaller by the second, "DUSTIN!" She called out seeing his curly hair pop out from under the gate.

"Holy sh*t!" He cried, "I've got the rope! Get him up here!" Dustin called out, throwing the rope through the gate, "COME ON!" Harper pushed Eddie up first, he was completely silent, she hoped Eddie had just gone unconscious. Dustin grabbed Eddie's arms and pulled him through the gate. Once the two were out of the way Harper grabbed the rope and pulled herself through the gate, making it through at the last minute. The gravity shifted and Harper fell onto the mattress.

"Get him to the hospital." Harper breathed, laying flat on the ground, the pain had finally caught up to her and she couldn't move, "Get him to the f*cking hospital."

Dustin nodded, wasting no time to pick up the phone and call an ambulance. Harper let herself drift off, not able to stay awake due to the pain.

•••

Harper sat up quickly, remembering the tenseness of her situation. She accidentally put pressure on her leg and winced. The girl looked around quickly, seeing herself in a hospital room, she was sitting in a chair near a bed. A man in a white coat, probably a doctor was standing right in front of the bed. He turned towards the girl.

"Ah, Harper O'Brian. Sorry, you must be confused, waking up in a weird place." The doctor spoke calmly, "A little boy named Dustin called us, we rushed the ambulance as soon as possible to get both of you here. Your injuries were minor, only a fracture to your ankle, but the boy was definitely a case." He paused, "I've never seen injuries quite like his, but they were treatable." Harper's eyes widened.

"He's okay?" Harper asked hopefully.

The doctor nodded, "Thankfully yes, but if you had waited any longer he would have been dead." He gestured to the bed behind him, "Sheriff Hopper came in here and told us the boy was cleared of all charges... just so you know." The doctor turned towards the bed, "He's asleep right now but he had specifically asked for you, so we decided to make an exception to the time limit on the visitor rules." The doctor sent Harper a small smile, "We have a vending machine down the hall and water too. And uh... another group asked for you, in the next room over, someone named Max Mayfield?" He waved his hands in front of him, "Anyways I'll leave you to it, okay?"

The doctor sent her a small nod and turned around, making his way out the door and leaving Harper in her seat. She stood up, trying to put as little pressure on her leg as she could, the brunette girl hobbled over to the side of the bed, she pulled the chair over with her, and sat down.