𝑿𝑿𝑽. 𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒓𝒚 𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒔

•••

The past couple of minutes were spent trying to find places they could go to get weapons. Somewhere they could avoid a lot of people. Eddie stuck with Harper like a bandaid, making sure she was okay and keeping his eye on her. He began looking through a box of magazines before pulling one out of the lot.

"Got it!" He called, running into the kitchen and slamming it down on the table, "Check this out." The rest of the group surrounded Eddie to see what he had found, "The War Zone." He pointed to a picture of a shirtless man holding a few guns, wearing an army hat on his head, "I've been there once. It's huge. They got everything you need for, uh... well, uh, killing things, basically."

Harper turned to Eddie, a look of confusion on her face, "Why did you go to the War Zone?" Eddie didn't seem like the type to want a gun.

"I uh-" Eddie cleared his throat nervously, "H-handcuffs." He said quietly, his face red. Before Harper could respond she was cut off.

"You think fake Rambo has enough guns there?" Robin asked, causing everyone to look at her, "Is that a grenade?" She pointed down to the picture, "I mean, how many of these can be legal?"

Eddie rolled his eyes, "Well, lucky for us it is, so..."He stated sarcastically, "This- this place is just far enough outside of Hawkins. As long as we steer clear of main roads, we oughta be able to avoid cops and, uh, angry hicks."

"If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to some store called the War Zone," Erica said as if it was common knowledge, she had a lot of sass. Dustin pointed at her, nodding.

Nancy shook her head, "See, normally, I'd agree with you, but we need the weapons. So, I think it's worth the risk."

"Me too." Lucas agreed.

"It's probably our best shot," Harper said, glancing over at Eddie who sent her a grateful smile.

Dustin's eyebrows furrowed, "Yeah, but is it worth the time? It'll take all day to bike there and back."

"Who said anything about biking?" Eddie asked, looking up at the boy as if he was stupid.

"What you got some sorta car we don't know about?" Steve crossed his arms.

Eddie stood up looking the other boy in the eyes, "It's not exactly a car, Steve." A mischievous smile broke out on his face, "And it's not exactly mine, but uh, it'll do." He sent Harper a wink before turning toward Max, "Hey, Red, uh, you got a ski mask or bandana, something like that?"

Max thought for a second, before a look of realization came to her face, "I think I've got something."

She turned on her heels and walked back into her room, the sound of rummaging could be heard from the outside. A soft 'a-hah' came from inside the room and Max came back from the room and tossed him what looked like a Michael Myers mask. Eddie caught the mask and looked down at it.

A soft chuckle graced his voice, "That'll work." He said before pulling the mask over his head, "Just follow me, do what I do." Eddie said before turning towards the door. Harper followed quickly, hoping that whatever he had planned was going to help. He opened the door and stepped outside, the group followed him slowly, crouching behind him. Eddie stepped around the trailer and looked both ways before turning back to the group and gesturing for them to follow.