When the shoe doesn't fit (Hunter + Ashlynn)

Ashlynn Ella POV

I'm walking through these disgusting woods on my way to find Hunter. While reading that book of riddles, it's like I had an ephiphany. Something just clicked in my mind - And thank god it did. I don't know how I was living my life before this. Even walking through the tiniest bit of forest is disgusting at this point. How did I enjoy this before? My heels keep sinking into the gorund, and there's a bunch of sharp branches stick out onto the path. I almost fell over ruining my perfect dress. What a nightmare. 

I finally make my way to Hunter, and see him practicing archery. He's so boring. Doesn't he have any other interests? "Hi" I say, without getting a response. Is he seriously ignoring me? This must be joke. "Hello?" I ask, with annoyance in my voice. He audibly sighs and then turns around with a sarcastic smile on his face. "Hi, Ashlynn" he finally responds, accompanied by an eye roll. I cannot believe the disrespect. Does he not know who I am?

"How dare you ignore me like that" I ask bluntly, taking a few steps closer and then crossing my arms. "I was busy training for my destiny" He starts, and quickly looks me up and down and then continues "Something I actually care about". This pathetic excuse for a man is supposed to be my boyfriend, yet he is this disrespectful? I will not have that. Just as I am about to go off, something else strikes my mind. His destiny? HIS DESTINY?

"What do you mean 'your destiny'? We agreed on not following our destinies, Hunter" I said, wearing a smile, but I could feel the anger portrayed in my eyes. 

"Well, I realized that my story doesn't contradict this little relationship we have, and I don't wanna risk dissappearing for nothing" he said nonchalantly, as if he just made a genuine discovery. 

"Oh, but it's completely fine for me to risk dissappearing, gotcha" I said sarcastically, and gave him an angry look. "Do you not realize how much I'm sacrificing? I'm putting my life on the line, not to mention, giving up one of the best stories in the book, for you"

"Mm, I see how it is" He said as he put away the bow and arrow to face me. "Just because you were born with a Happily Ever After, your destiny is suddenly much more important than mine!" He shouted at me, with an angry glint in his eye.

"I'm not saying it's more important!" I screamed back to clarify. Stupid guy trying to put words in my mouth. I continued "But I am giving up more! It's not like it's shameful  for you to be going out with the daughter of Cinderella"

"No, you're right, I get it, I mean, we wouldn't want the great princess Ashlynn Ella to risk her holy reputation by hanging out with some low status character" He complained sarcastically, trying to turn me into the villain. But let's be honest, making out a princess to be a villain is a losing battle. He continued "It's my fault actually, dear Princess, I'm sorry I wasn't born with some prestigious story as a prince".

"There you go again, antagonizing me because of your own insecurities!" I pointed out and rolled my eyes at his predictable actions.  "Maybe you should have been born a prince, maybe then you might've learnt some manners, or maybe your stupid brain wouldn't be able to comprehend the concept of being a civilized member of society!" I screamed at him, with anger pumping through my veins.

"Yeah, because you're such a good example of how nice royals can be" He retaliated. I began to wonder if he had a sarcasm spell on him, cause that seems to be the only way he can express himself. "Also, I'm not antagonizing you because of my insecurities, I'm antagonizing you cause you're a total witch!" He screamed at me, making me filled with rage. 

"That's the last gold straw! We're over, Hunter, for ever after!" I told him before turning around and stomping my way back out through the forest. I'm happy I don't have to see his face anymore. How could I ever see something in him? My destiny's worth more than some stupid forest boy ever could!

Halfway back I felt something on my face. I moved my hand to the corner of my eye and felt that it was a wet. I was... crying? I don't care about that douchebag anymore, why would I be sad about losing him? It got stranger when I realized I wasn't sad. Nor happy. Or anything else that could cause crying. At least I wasn't feeling it. I bit the inside of my mouth, crossed my arms and kept walking. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: 

If it wasn't clear in the writing, I just wanna say that this chapter is from Ashlynn's pov while both her and Hunter are under the influence of the 'Book Of Riddles' that the Chesire Cat tricked everyone with in Spring Unspruing. The reason for that is mostly cause I wanted to write some fighting :]

I still love Ashlynn x Hunter, their love is undeniable, and while I could've written it w/o the curse angel (cause everyone fights sometimes, even if they love each other) I enjoyed when both of them were just unbelievably rude.