part 9

May 1st, 5:30am. Way to early to look possibly function, the coach was leaving Manchester at 6. We had to be at Pre-Camp by 8:30. I arrived at the training grounds about quarter to five and a few of the girls were already there. I sat down in the lobby next to Keira and we just chatted until everyone else showed up. Our captain Steph and Hayley, who got injured in a game a few weeks ago came to see us off.

The Lionesses' training ground was in Burton, so it took us about 2 hours to get there. There wasn't much traffic so we got there earlier than expected. My expression must have switched as we pulled into St George's Park as Lauren's hand found my thigh, and rest there. A faint blush rose in my cheeks, not enough for anyone too far away to notice. But Lucy, unfortunately, wasn't too far away. She tilted her head at my expression then leant forwards in her chair, glancing down at Lauren's hand then back up at me. She smirked quickly, then directed her gaze back out of the window.

There was already a few coaches pulled into the car park at St George's, each with different team names plastered on the sides of them. We exited the coach fairly quickly and was then met with a England rep who took us onto the squads I
ndoor training pitch. The three big teams which had already arrived were stood in a circle chatting, seemingly getting along quite well. From my place I also noticed two women who stood talking to each other; one of them I recognised as Rachel Daly. Who moved to the US to play with Houston Dash, the other was Hannah Hampton, the lone Villa scout.

The circle noticed us walking in and began their ways over, some City players previously knew some of the women and so automatically gravitated towards them. I stood back, but was quickly greeted by a running hug (or tackle) from Alessia. I wouldn't have admitted it there and then, but I missed the blonde. Alot more than I let on. I held her off the ground; my arms twisted around her back.
"Hey! It been ages." She laughed, her smile lighting up the room. Just like it always used to.
"Oh my gosh, I know. Feels like years."
"It hasn't quite been that long," She chuckled, "but it does feel like it. Anyway, how are you?"
"I'm good thanks. Stressed. But doing okay."
"I would be stressed if I was in your position. Little miss I've only just these past few months signed City and now I'm playing for England."
"Don't. Honestly. I have no idea how it's happened. How are you?"
"Yeah. Doing better, slowly anyway."
I smiled at the blonde, not 100% sure on what she was actually talking about. I slipped past Alessia and back in next to Lauren and Lucy. Both were making conversation with the new squad. Which I happily joined in with.
We spent the rest of the morning getting to know our teamates; what position everyone plays, where they started, all the basics.

We were all led over towards the dressing room, where everyone's shirts were hanging. We immediately were drawn to our own. Knowing our numbers made this whole thing seem real.
"Number 5. Eh?" Lauren chuckles, shuffling over next to me.
"11." I reply, holding out a hand for her to shake. She returns the gesture, laughing. I notice Alessia glance  quickly in my direction, but she tears her eyes away when spoken to by Ella.  Everyone had a duffel bag resting underneath their shirts, the bag was full of gear that we could wear throughout the upcoming months. There were Lionesses training kits, that included the holographic badge and Nike sponsor. As well as other tracksuits, layers and promotional items. Everyone chose; after slight deliberation, to change into the basic black tracksuit top and shorts and then we headed out to meet our new manager Sarina out on the training pitch.

We played some basic games including trust exercises and 'get to know me' things. Before splitting into two teams, if was fairly evenly matched. Ellie and Mary were designated team captains, and then the rest of the squad were either given a red or blue coverup. I got put onto the red team, whereas Lauren and Alessia were blue. Both girls are extremely competitive. So when Sarina let slip that it was a game of dodgeball, I immediately got aimed at. Alessia had a decent throw on her, but Lauren's were powerful, and they hurt like hell.

We had free time after our session and could do what we wanted within the confines of camp. Their common room had just been refurbished, and now included bean bag seating as well as table tennis, a basketball arcade game and a dart board. I chose to head to the gym and do some weight training ahead of actual training tomorrow morning.

"You're really doing weights? Are you okay?" Lucy chuckled, walking into the gym,
"I like lifting. You can't drag me down for that." I smile, curling the weight in my right hand.
"Maybe not. But I can drag you down for something else."
"We don't need to talk about this now Luce."
"Oh. But we do, because there is very clearly something going on."
"Okay. Fine. I'll let you into a secret." I start, Lucy's face lights up, "there's nothing going on."
The brunette sighs theatrically and rolls her eyes,
"So the hand on the thigh coming over here meant nothing?"
I sigh heavily, placing my weight down and taking a seat on the bench,
"I don't know what it meant. Okay? Is that what you want to hear?"
"That's all I needed," Lucy smiles gently, "now. do explain further."
"She's being very. How do I put it-"
"Not normal Lauren?"
"Well. I mean I've never seen normal Lauren before. So I can't tell the difference."
"I can." Lucy starts, "like I said before. She is not a touchy person. In fact she tries her hardest to not touch anyone, even more so after what happened with her and Butler.  I don't know what it is. And she won't tell me, but I do know that whatever she sees in you it means alot to her. Otherwise she simply wouldn't be the way she is."
"And what if it is just friendly?"
"I can guarantee you. It's not. At least, not from her end."
"I want to believe you Luce, I do. But I can't risk you being wrong, I don't want to ruin what we have and I've seen first hand how badly-ended relationships can ruin teams. I can't put anyone through that."
"I get it, it's hard having a relationship with someone your teammates with. Trust me. But if there really is something between you you'll work it out, and if you don't I'm not gonna let either of you, ever, live it down."

|•|•|•|

Lauren Hemp short fanfic :)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara