✴️Chapter 36✴️: Epilogue?

Start from the beginning

As an answer to her question, the Queen walked in. It was Queen Tamara. Her eyes were filled with tears as she walked towards her granddaughter, Tina and Tashie followed too, both wearing white t-shirts and Jean pants and looking twenty years younger. Like they were still in highschool.

"You're finally awake, Nora" They said to her, with glistening eyes as they walked towards her bed.

While Queen Tamara sat beside Nora's legs, Tashie and Tina knelt beside her bed.

"We thought you'd never wake up, Nora" Tashie told Nora, squeezing Nora's hand tightly.

"Tashie! It's been so long I saw you. How was your trip back? What of your husband?" Nora asked in excitement, for it has been long she had seen Tashie. But Tashie was taken aback and looked confused, but smiled to cover the awkwardness. "My husband?" She asked in confusion.

"Yeah. You and Olive got married, remember?" Nora reminded her, with a huge smile on her face. Tashie looked at Queen Tamara who shook her head in response, signaling her to play along.

"He's fine?" She replied unsure.

"Umm...Nora, are you okay?" Tina asked unsure, she hadn't seen the signal Queen Tamara passed across. That was enough to call Nora's attention towards her.

"Oh my goodness, Tina! I didn't see you there. How are you? What of Lisa and Molly?" Nora asked her, genuinely happy to see Tina.

"Lisa and Molly?" Tina repeated after her. She was now sure that Nora was definitely not okay.

"Your majesty, with all due respect, I think we need to call the doctor to check on her highness" Tina said to Queen Mary.

"Eleanora?" Nora heard her grandmother call her. She had seen her grandmother walk in but she thought it was her hallucinating again. So she was surprised to feel her grandmother's touch. Like she was real.

Nora touched her grandmother's cheek, which was already wet, a sad smile spread on her face, she told her grandmother "I'm happy to see you again, Grandma. But I never knew ghosts could feel so real"

"Tashie, call me the doctor" The grandmother ordered Tashie, her fear began to rise as the thought that Nora had lost her mind due to the accident crossed her mind.

"Am I in heaven? How come I can see and feel you?" Nora asked her grandmother.

"You've been asleep for too long my child. Far too long". Queen Tamara replied her grandchild.

"When did I die? How come I made heaven?" Nora continued to ask her grandmother who chuckled, patting her hand gently, she told her "I've never heard of heaven having hospitals. This is reality, my child. Reality. You've been unconscious far too long"

"Grandma, what about my children? Don't they want to see me?" Nora asked her grandmother, holding hands with her tightly like her life depended on it.

"What children? What does a seventeen years old girl need children for?" Her grandmother asked her, confused at her all her naive talking.

Seventeen? Nora thought. She was also confused. She didn't understand what was going on either.

"You asked to see me, your majesty" said the doctor as soon as he entered the room, Tashie coming in shortly after.

"Didn't you tell me she was getting better?" Queen Tamara questioned him.

"Yes, your majesty. She's getting better". The doctor replied.

"Help me check if her brain is in the right position. She's seems to be suffering from memory loss" Queen Tamara said to the doctor who walked over to Nora's side with a smile on his face.