"Cruella?"

"She's a dog expert." Carlos said, "A dog yellerer. Why are you holding him? He's gonna attack you!"

"You have got to get over this man." Drac said crossing his arms, Diaval moving to his shoulder, "You're like four or five times his size."

"Carlos you've never actually met a dog, have you?" Ben asked.

"Of course not." Carlos replied.

"We only really have rats, bugs and reptiles on the Isle. The only ones with real pets are the witches with their cats." Drac explained, "And those things will claw your eyes out if you get too close."

Ben smiled.

"Dude meet Carlos and Drac." Ben said petting the dog, "Guys this is Dude. He's the campus mutt."

"He doesn't look like a vicious rabid pack animal." Carlos said getting down from the tree.

"Jeez. You're a good boy aren't you?" he asked getting closer and petting Dude before Ben passed him the dog to hold, "You're a good boy."

"I guess you guys have it pretty rough on the island."

"Yeah, let's just say we don't get a lot of belly rubs." Carlos said getting comfortable with the dog while Drac looked down at the dirt and started digging into it with the toe of his boot as he slid his hands into his pockets.

"Listen I'm gonna give you guys some space, yeah? You guys get to know each other and just come find me when you're done." He offered leaving them with Dude. Carlos sat down on a fallen tree and Drac sat next to him as they pet Dude.

"Hi, Hi, Oh, thank you." Carlos said as Dude kissed his face as Drac pet the dog's back.

"You know this isn't so bad." Carlos said with a smile.

"Yeah and when we get the wand and the villains take over you can have as many dogs as you want." Drac replied smiling.

Carlos chuckled before the smile fell from his face, "That is if my mother doesn't skin them all first."

They both fell silent at that and Drac got a weird feeling in his stomach, it made him think maybe Carlos didn't want the villains to win. Then he pushed the feeling aside, no he was just being ridiculous, Carlos was like him, born and raised on the Isle, rotten to the core, . . .right?

- - LONG LIVE EVIL - -

Drac and Carlos spent a good twenty minutes with Dude before going back to the field. Ben was happy to see them getting along with the mutt and Carlos seemed to like training better when he had a dog to race with.

Afterward the pair returned to their room and showered off before they went to Mal and Evie's room. The whole time Carlos insisted on carrying Dude back to and around the dorms. Diaval had decided to stay behind and take another nap. You'd think after spending years as a statue he'd be tired of sleeping but Drac got the impression his bird wanted some time away from Carlos' new furry friend.

"What is that?" Mal asked when they walked in, momentarily looking up from their mother's spellbook.

"This is Dude. He's the campus mutt, Ben introduced us. He's cute right?" Carlos said before grabbing his laptop from his bag and sat with it next to Dude on the floor. Drac took a seat on Mal's bed next to his sister and leaned back against the pillows propping his feet up on the bed post. Then the door opened again and Jay waltzed in wearing a royal blue Tourney jersey. He must have gone to coach's office while the other boys had been on the field. He made some poses and whistled before walking over to Mal.

"Did your plan work with Jane? Are you going over to see the wand?"

"Do you think that I would be going through every single spell in this book if I hadn't completely struck out?!" she snapped at him.